MJ's little flock

I love the sass. So glad you shared it. ❤️
Katie is the only one who will take on Christa. In terms of flock dynamics, it's a case of the weakest taking on the strongest. Christa bullies everyone except Katie. Katie is bullied by everyone but Christa. In terms of individual birds having social needs, Christa and Katie became friends when Edie did her second broody sit. Katie just couldn't find the will to join her and had to be a heartbroken loner for a few days. Christa was a loner too at that time, so they bonded.

Last edited:
Ivy has been inspecting nests.

IMG_2024-02-10-08-10-23-286.jpg

She must be ready to lay again.

Today's video is much calmer than last week's.

I love it when the hens have a preening party!
Lovely. I really do appreciate Mary - there is something very soothing about her!
Looks like you got some good rain there MJ.
I have one call to make and then I am going to make a cup of tea and do your puzzle.
Did the posts arrive for the verandah?

Lovely. I really do appreciate Mary - there is something very soothing about her!
I have one call to make and then I am going to make a cup of tea and do your puzzle.
Yes, they did! They're all wrapped up in packaging and tape so there's not much to see.

IMG_2024-02-09-13-36-51-526.jpg

But it was quite a moment with the truck with a crane attached. I took a video to show the kids, they're wild about trucks!

Last edited:
Mary is a gem of a hen. So lovely, majestic, and sure of herself. In her heart, she's a swan not a chicken.

She has a special place in my heart.

Back
Top Bottom