MJ's little flock

Woohoo! :wee :wee

It looks amazing!
Yesterday my brother and I sat out under the veranda for a cuppa and we loved it! He gave it a thorough inspection and was particularly impressed by the gutters! It's funny how different things catch the eye of different people 🤣 😂

Yesterday my brother and I sat out under the veranda for a cuppa and we loved it! He gave it a thorough inspection and was particularly impressed by the gutters! It's funny how different things catch the eye of different people 🤣 😂
It's really nice you can share this with your brother. Does he have the same attachment to the house that you do ?
I agree with him that gutters are very important. We certainly realised that when we screwed them up repairing the old house's roof 🙄.

Sounds like a great moment for the both of you. Very nice.

It's really nice you can share this with your brother. Does he have the same attachment to the house that you do ?

Not really. He lived here for a long time with Dad when both of them were feeling the repercussions of emotional trauma. He's interested in what's happening to the house but it's more for my sake than the house's sake.

I agree with him that gutters are very important. We certainly realised that when we screwed them up repairing the old house's roof 🙄.

It seemed funny to me that of all the financial preparation, scaffolding, demolition, concrete preparation and pouring, clean up, posts, rendering, and painting, he says, "Didn't the gutters turn out nice!" 🤣 😂

Of couse he loves the whole thing and I know it.

Sounds like a great moment for the both of you. Very nice.
It was lovely, very tranquil.

Yesterday a friend visited for lunch and we sat on the veranda for a chat. Four different people stopped as they were walking by and said lovely things about the house.

The next door neighbour likes it so much, he is going to use the same painter.

It was lovely, very tranquil.

Yesterday a friend visited for lunch and we sat on the veranda for a chat. Four different people stopped as they were walking by and said lovely things about the house.

The next door neighbour likes it so much, he is going to use the same painter.
Did you get some chairs to sit out on?

Did you get some chairs to sit out on?
Yes, I've put two of the backyard chairs on the veranda, they're like your blue ones but unpainted. There's a third one washed off and waiting to be carried around.

I still have to purchase a long bench to put near the front door.

Hmmm there was a surprise for me in the little coop.

IMG_2024-05-27-17-13-46-866.jpg

I think both are Edie's. She's been on holiday for a good long while and starting to look very red in her comb and wattles.

Whereas Katie hasn't yet stopped laying and her shells are reliably brown and speckled.

So I'm guessing the soft shelled egg is Edie's first egg after holiday and the pale coloured egg is her second.

Back
Top Bottom