MN Marans folks

celticfarmer

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Northern MN
I don't really know where to post this so I am putting it here.

I would like to rent/borrow/lease/whatever a cuckoo marans roo that came from a nice dark egg.

The reason I am going about it this way is because I am not supposed to have a rooster around (upsets the neighbors) but if I can just get the services of one I can let them do their thing in the garage and I can work on getting some better color in my little flock.

Let me know if I put this post in the wrong place or if you can help me.

Thanks

Quote:
You might want to post this in the "want to buy" section even tho you aren't looking to buy.

I'd doubt if you'll have too many people interested tho because of disease issues.

So I'm gonna have to buy the little bugger and stash him in my closet?

The wife will never go for that.

barnie.gif

Quote:
I suppose you might find someone willing to loan you a roo, but then I'd be very leery of their biosecurity measures and what all their birds have been exposed to.

I guess I'm not really all that worried about sickness simply because I have a very small flock and if anything is remotely wrong they go into the hospital coop until things get sorted out. The worst thing I've ever had happen is I got sneezed on once.

But that is a valid point, I guess since I don't worry about it that doesn't mean that other people don't.

Back
Top Bottom