Modern Duck mansion

DuckNoobie

Songster
5 Years
Jan 7, 2015
Toronto
It took a while to design this duck mansion, I call it the Quackingham Palace
The shed is a modern, one slope roof, wood construction, featuring 1 large transom window for maximum light and 2 large windows for air circulation.
Safety of my ducks was a priority. The run features 19 gauge 1/4"x1/4" wire mesh, including mesh along the top and a foot below grade to prevent wild life from getting in. The top of the run has clear plastic roofing panels to protect from the elements.
All that's missing is a cute sign on the shed door :)
20190625_210725.jpg 20190624_202136.jpg

Looks pretty nice!
Looks like 1/2" HC, especially if 19ga.
How does rain runoff flow off those roofs?
Run is probably OK, but coop roof running off in space next to retaining wall my end up under coop?

It took a while to design this duck mansion, I call it the Quackingham Palace
The shed is a modern, one slope roof, wood construction, featuring 1 large transom window for maximum light and 2 large windows for air circulation.
Safety of my ducks was a priority. The run features 19 gauge 1/4"x1/4" wire mesh, including mesh along the top and a foot below grade to prevent wild life from getting in. The top of the run has clear plastic roofing panels to protect from the elements.
All that's missing is a cute sign on the shed door :)
View attachment 1846341 View attachment 1846344
:gig:lau I guess the Queen is laughing now too!

Looks pretty nice!
Looks like 1/2" HC, especially if 19ga.
How does rain runoff flow off those roofs?
Run is probably OK, but coop roof running off in space next to retaining wall my end up under coop?
Both roofs are sloped for water runoff, the run is sloped towards the back wall. The plastic roof is wavy and I find that is great for rain runoff.
Haven't had a problem with the rain from the coop, the soil is very sandy and water gets absorbed almost instantly! Actually having issues with rain water on the run, so I've extended the roof at the back hoping this will work. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom