Modern game bantams...

Pics
Hi guys! I have wanted some Modern Game Bantams for a while and was just wondering what is the minimum size of coop/pen I could keep a trio in. I have seen some small indoor cages on this thread(3'X4' I think) and was just wondering if these were just for winter protection or their "always pens". I have a large shop that I could fit a number of pens in but that wouldn't allow the birds any outside time. Do some of you keep yours like this? Do they seem happy? Just trying to brainstorm before I get any birds. Thanx a bunch guys!

-Tony

Hi guys! I have wanted some Modern Game Bantams for a while and was just wondering what is the minimum size of coop/pen I could keep a trio in. I have seen some small indoor cages on this thread(3'X4' I think) and was just wondering if these were just for winter protection or their "always pens". I have a large shop that I could fit a number of pens in but that wouldn't allow the birds any outside time. Do some of you keep yours like this? Do they seem happy? Just trying to brainstorm before I get any birds. Thanx a bunch guys!

-Tony

I have 2 pens for mine right now. One is 4 x 4 the other is 4 x 8. I have a trio in the 4 x 4. They seem happy in it. I don't turn any of my bantams outside because there are to many predators that would catch them here, mainly hawks. They have tried several time to try and get them through the wire pen.
Mark

I have done both. The Moderns need sunshine or their faces will be pale, which is not really that desirable if you show them. Also, close quarters and dry air can cause them to start over preening their feathers. You'll need to be sure they get enough oil in their feed. In short, you can keep them in over winter, but they will need some outside time in Spring and Summer for the best situation.

Hi, I have a brown red hen and a birchen hen, this year I would also like to get a splash hen and a wheaten hen.
Obviously not for showing, being a mixed colour flock, but what colour cockerels would everyone recommend to get the prettiest colours out of that mix please?
I was thinking maybe a lemon blue and one other?

Back
Top Bottom