Mold in my water with ACV?

@Teila The mold NEVER grows in my plain (well) water but appears in my acv water within 2-3 days. Also, I'm not sure that acv loses it's efficacy. I know chlorine evaporates quickly, and I know that ph of plain water does change a little after sitting several days as my son tests his for his garden. I think it actually went up.
hu.gif

If I don't clean my regular water bowls, they will get algae. But my acv water gets a blob of grey stuff that smells nice and fruity.

I just don't use it anymore. But I may go ahead and start doing 1 day worth every now and then. Since I use fermented feed, I haven't worried about it much. But hate to let the acv go to waste.

@Teila The mold NEVER grows in my plain (well) water but appears in my acv water within 2-3 days. Also, I'm not sure that acv loses it's efficacy. I know chlorine evaporates quickly, and I know that ph of plain water does change a little after sitting several days as my son tests his for his garden. I think it actually went up.
hu.gif

If I don't clean my regular water bowls, they will get algae. But my acv water gets a blob of grey stuff that smells nice and fruity.

I just don't use it anymore. But I may go ahead and start doing 1 day worth every now and then. Since I use fermented feed, I haven't worried about it much. But hate to let the acv go to waste.

I thought I was the ONLY one having this issue (ACV in water) but glad to know I'm not, thought I was doing something wrong although it's a no brainer. I'm thinking like you, since using FF won't fret giving them plain water but hate wasting the ACV. Then read GARLIC is good to use in the water or on the side, think I'll try on the side & leave their water plan.

I've encountered a slime problem in my rabbits' water bottles after I put in a splash of raw vinegar - even after thoroughly cleaning with a oxygen cleanser soak followed by white vinegar, pink discoloration remained. Only the water bottles with the vinegar did this, and they're plastic. Clearly, something grew in there rapidly and while it didn't seem to have any impact to the rabbits' health, it was a very unpleasant discovery. No more vinegar in the water bottles.
1f641.png

I have seen no ill effects. In the days of wooden sailing ships it was common practice to cover the hull with copper to stop the growth of sea weed and other parasites.

Back
Top Bottom