Mold In The Bathroom... Added Pictures on Page 2

Quote:
Mrs. Fix-it!
clap.gif
bow.gif
Who'da thunk that my gretchie is sooo handy dandy!

Quote:
A few years back mold was commonly covered, then there was a huge increase in claims of mold damage, and most insurance do not cover it (without a special rider) or they will fight you tooth and nail to prove that it is mold that is toxic.

You really need to have a contractor come out and assess the damage and give you an estimate. Actually, you need two or three so you can determine if they are all saying the same things or not, and what if any differences there are. Estimates are free, and in this econlmy, more contractors are hungry for work.

WHether you decide to use a contractor or make your own repair is then your choice, but at least you will have a better idea of exactly what all should be corrected. And you will know whether it is likely the window, the pipes or something else that is leaking.

If the house is only 8 years old, chances are that windows or pipes (whichever is leaking) were not installed properly, and the builder should pay to correct.

make sure that if you replace drywall, use the water resistant kind. but also bear in mind that in my experience it can be irritating to the skin if you touch the edges of the water resistant drywall, so you may want to use gloves with it.

and this kind of thing is not too hard to fix yourself. my dad has done drywall, and installed a new tub, and before this year he had never used power tools in his life.

it was sort of scary
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom