Moltted Java Roo??

Sep 22, 2020
Texas United States
Ok I have 6 chickens born September 9 this year, and I have already made a post about one of my cochins that I asked if he was a boy which I was for sure he was(and is). Well I never had any suspicions about my moltted java. I had bought them all at tsc, and they were all labeled pullets except for the 3 cohons I got. I always figured I only had 1 boy....up until now. My moltted java, it was always the biggest even as babies. When babe it would kind of post up to me but never really pecked. And as it got older it calmed down pretty much. Now I pick it up and the comb is really red and it looks like it has saddle feathers. So...let me know what yall think.

Attachments

• 20211227_180618.jpg
    20211227_180618.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211227_180644.jpg
    20211227_180644.jpg
    591.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211227_180630.jpg
    20211227_180630.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20211227_180641.jpg
    20211227_180641.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211227_180629.jpg
    20211227_180629.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 5
Ok I have 6 chickens born September 9 this year, and I have already made a post about one of my cochins that I asked if he was a boy which I was for sure he was(and is). Well I never had any suspicions about my moltted java. I had bought them all at tsc, and they were all labeled pullets except for the 3 cohons I got. I always figured I only had 1 boy....up until now. My moltted java, it was always the biggest even as babies. When babe it would kind of post up to me but never really pecked. And as it got older it calmed down pretty much. Now I pick it up and the comb is really red and it looks like it has saddle feathers. So...let me know what yall think.
That's a boy, no doubt.

He's probably a boy but slow developing? But hang out for a bit to determine for sure.

Has he crowed yet?

My Mottled Java roo (who I loved and adored and was the biggest cuddle bug - but I had to rehome because I can't have roos where I live :( - that's him on my head in my profile pic! )started crowing at about 9 weeks. And here is a pic of him at 15 weeks. Around the same age as yours I think. You can see how much more developed he is (saddle and sickle feathers, large red comb and wattles) than yours. That's why I say maybe yours is not a guy? Either case, I hope you can keep him. They are lovely!

Attachments

• IMG_3134 (1).jpg
    IMG_3134 (1).jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 5
He's probably a boy but slow developing? But hang out for a bit to determine for sure.

Has he crowed yet?

My Mottled Java roo (who I loved and adored and was the biggest cuddle bug - but I had to rehome because I can't have roos where I live :()started crowing at about 9 weeks. And here is a pic of him at 15 weeks. Around the same age as yours I think. You can see how much more developed he is (saddle feathers, large red comb and wattles) than yours. That's why I say maybe yours is not a guy? Either case, I hope you can keep him. They are lovely!
Wow! He is a big boy! My Squashy (my mottled Java) isn’t even that big, and she is 20 weeks! Sorry you couldn’t keep him. I hope he went to a good home though!

Wow! He is a big boy! My Squashy (my mottled Java) isn’t even that big, and she is 20 weeks! Sorry you couldn’t keep him. I hope he went to a good home though!
He started out so small with pasty butt and couldn't keep up with his 2 sisters (different breeds) in his physical development and agility 😄 then out of nowhere at about 7 weeks his mini waddle started turning red. Broke my heart. I took about 6 weeks but found him a great home with his own flock of like 15 hens and free ranging in the backyard all day.
Would love to see a pic of your gal! I'd like a Mottled Java hen one day. Are they sweet and cuddly?

He started out so small with pasty butt and couldn't keep up with his 2 sisters (different breeds) in his physical development and agility 😄 then out of nowhere at about 7 weeks his mini waddle started turning red. Broke my heart. I took about 6 weeks but found him a great home with his own flock of like 15 hens and free ranging in the backyard all day.
Would love to see a pic of your gal! I'd like a Mottled Java hen one day. Are they sweet and cuddly?
He sounds like he was very sweet! I’m glad he got to go to a good home with his own girls!

Mine is not sweet and cuddly at all! She is a kicker and a screamer actually.😂 She was pretty sweet as a baby though, and she isn’t mature yet, so we’ll see. I’ll have to get a picture tomorrow! I don’t have any recent ones. Most recent picture I have is from a month and a half ago-
B0229137-FBF0-4B3E-9D5B-58F0EB7FFBB4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom