Monistat use details

BartokRae

Chirping
Jun 7, 2022
Hello. Hoping folks will share their methods of use of Monistat for Sour Crop. Looking to get clear on the details:

-Which Monistat do you use?
-What is the dose for that particular Monistat?
-How many times per day?
-For how many days?
-How do you administer the medicine? If by syringe, where in the mouth/throat do you aim for? If by food, what foods do you recommend? (Mine liked it in yogurt at first, then refused. Liked the stuffed blueberries next, then refused. Liked the scrambled eggs so far…but they’re totally on to me :) ).
-Should eggs laid while on Monistat not be eaten?

Thanks in advance

Thank you. My 2 hens are doing much better. We are on a week of Acidified Copper Sulfate (after the monisat) and their crops are continuing to empty more and more each night. (And others in the flock are seeming to thrive on it as well). They're crops are not completely flat in the morning, but I believe it's just the distended tissue that hasn't regained its tone...yet. They are active while free ranging, we hang healthy treats that they have to jump a little to get at, and I massage them almost daily. We have used herbs that help to heal and tonify tissues, and their re-tonification (a new word perhaps?) is palpable while doing crop checks and massages.

Back
Top Bottom