Montana

Things are looking better here tonight. The winds were calm and they have been hitting the fire hard with air tankers. The west side is pretty much contained, the south side jumped the fire line twice, but that is starting to get under control. They are working hard to keep it from expanding north, and east is still not contained, but also not moving much due to the light winds.
We did find my horse, and she is OK. I have her home now, as well as 2 ponys that I found her wandering with, one of the ponys has some burns on its back that I have started treating.
Thank God this is almost over, and I'm praying by tomorrow it will be fully contained.
My BF is not so lucky, he owns land down by Ashland that burned last year, and now its on fire again this year. His cabin was saved last year, and we just got done rebuilding all the fences, now it sounds like the cabin is gone, as well as all our new fencing.

Azriel- we were sure thinking about you last night about 11:00 when we were having dry lightening. It was in our northern sky, so we were hoping it was not contributing to more fires up your way. We are so glad our County Commissioners banned fireworks this year, we don't always agree with them, but we do this time.

We have made our annual "grab & go" pile for that 15 minute warning and have a list on the back of each room's door of things to get if we have more time. One of us can get the dogs & cats out, but both of us would have to be home to get the chickens loaded & out.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you......Stay Safe, try to get some sleep in!

Debbie & DiAnne

Azriel- we were sure thinking about you last night about 11:00 when we were having dry lightening. It was in our northern sky, so we were hoping it was not contributing to more fires up your way. We are so glad our County Commissioners banned fireworks this year, we don't always agree with them, but we do this time.

We have made our annual "grab & go" pile for that 15 minute warning and have a list on the back of each room's door of things to get if we have more time. One of us can get the dogs & cats out, but both of us would have to be home to get the chickens loaded & out.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you......Stay Safe, try to get some sleep in!

Debbie & DiAnne

I'm sure glad the fireworks are banned too. That's what started the closest fire near us. I sure hope you won't have to be evactuated at any time. The fire hazard is so bad this year, I think the whole state is thinking about preparation even there are no current fires in there location. Better to be safe.
Things are looking better here tonight. The winds were calm and they have been hitting the fire hard with air tankers. The west side is pretty much contained, the south side jumped the fire line twice, but that is starting to get under control. They are working hard to keep it from expanding north, and east is still not contained, but also not moving much due to the light winds.
We did find my horse, and she is OK. I have her home now, as well as 2 ponys that I found her wandering with, one of the ponys has some burns on its back that I have started treating.
Thank God this is almost over, and I'm praying by tomorrow it will be fully contained.
My BF is not so lucky, he owns land down by Ashland that burned last year, and now its on fire again this year. His cabin was saved last year, and we just got done rebuilding all the fences, now it sounds like the cabin is gone, as well as all our new fencing.
Thank God you are OK, and you found your horse and those ponies. I hope things stay ok now. I'm very sorry to hear about your bf's cabin and new fencing. I'm just grateful you and your bf are OK. To rebuild would not be fun after such events. :( We will keep you in our prayers.

I am so glad that you found her, she is alright and are helping out the 2 lost ponys. I will pray with you that they get things contained. Sorry about the cabin that is bad news.

I'm a little late, but hoping the threat of fire has passed for everyone! So dang scarey! We're blessed up here in the Bear Paws, as it's still pretty green but if this hot weather and wind keep up it sure won't stay that way for long.

Had a controlled burn going out side of Big Sandy and with all the fires going had different counties around us sending trucks and crews without calling to see if they were needed. They all got turned back. It was crazy. Everybodies on edge right now.
Smoke was so bad yesterday it looked like the Highwoods were on fire. It was the fire outside of Helena that was causing it.

Well that dumb bird is still broody' driving me nuts as she now refuses to let any of the girls near the humongus nest box they all shared. 6 weeks broody, cold baths, caged you name it and she will not come out of it. Soooo, going to let her have a few eggs, anyone here got barred rocks or other high egg producing bird you get nice eggs from, I need a few eggs to set under her. Or I'm going to be having chicken dinner broody style! My girls are now laying every where but there favorite nest box . I had to order new nest boxes to attach to the coop , so they can go back to sitting on a nest and lay right. Ugh I would take chicks but not sure she would take to them and I'm not going to be stuck with mother less chicks .

I won't copy what has all ready been copied, Azriel I am so glad it is looking better up there. You must be so relieved to have your horse back. And, Bless You for taking care of her 2 new little friends, I am sure they all drew comfort from each other during their scarey experience.

Bantiebabe..you are right, I agree everyone is thinking about what they will do and what they have to do to be ready to leave at a moment's notice.

Everyone stay safe.....

Its raining pretty heavy in Butte right now, hoping you all with fires get good and soaked. it really came down, but the lightning was pretty harsh, praying the fires go out now and all will be well for many who are in the threat erea. (((hugs)))
Also its prudent you have a large bag for everyone in your home, filled with 1 months meds, extra glasses, change of clothing and all essentials that you will need to get by until you can get set up again. we call them bug out bags. each family member has one, and its filled with everything one could use to survive for 3 days. ( hot and cold weather packs) we change it up some in the summer, and then we do the same again in winter. ading warm clothing hats gloves and extra layerings. food, water, flint, matches, knife,small hatchet, small self contained mess kit and first aid stuff. even a poncho and mylar blanket to keep the chill off you and the wet out. flash light, whistle, garbage bag, heck you name it. we have all our photos and important papers in a box, ready to go with us at a moments notice. never think nothing can happen to you and put off tomorrow what you should do right away! stay safe all
karla

Last edited:
by the way, everyone should own a bag and have it ready, down to the smallest child. :) my kids and I will be camping out soon, and we plan to just live off our packs for the 3 days. should be interesting and fun.

Back
Top Bottom