Monthly Grocery Budget.

Trip to Wal-mart, Freddys and the bread store.

We were going to have a ham for Christmas, but Freddys had some really pretty prime ribs for a decent price. So $40 went to that.....and Big Boy is having some friends over for a bbq tomorrow, so that's a bit more expense than usual.

brings my total to 939.41

Last edited:
I just ordered our prime rib roast for Christmas. After that no more groceries!
I joined a challenge on a budgeting forum for a no spend January. We will be eating from the pantry for the whole month.

I just ordered our prime rib roast for Christmas. After that no more groceries!
I joined a challenge on a budgeting forum for a no spend January. We will be eating from the pantry for the whole month.

I hope you'll post your challenge progress here so we can follow it. That sounds like a real accomplishment to shoot for. Good luck!

That sounds like a good plan. I think I'll do a bit of a modification on that plan. Will allow fresh fruits/veggies/milk, but will attempt to do more baking for treats and perhaps even some breads, not sweat it if I cave and do the thrift store for bread. Perhaps add a goal for at least 1 crock pot meal/week.

That sounds like a good plan. I think I'll do a bit of a modification on that plan. Will allow fresh fruits/veggies/milk, but will attempt to do more baking for treats and perhaps even some breads, not sweat it if I cave and do the thrift store for bread. Perhaps add a goal for at least 1 crock pot meal/week.

If you want to try baking some bread (or other goodies), drop by the Home Baker's thread LG...we have a lot of recipes posted there now. There's an index on the first page of the thread so take a peek and see if anything appeals to you. The link is in my signature line.

I hope you'll post your challenge progress here so we can follow it. That sounds like a real accomplishment to shoot for. Good luck!

I may have to modify that to picking up fresh fruits and veggies when I am near a real store, which is unlikely. I have been in heaven with the fresh stuff we bought a coup,e weeks ago. We are just finishing up the salad stuff. We rinse everything we can in a weak vinegar/water solution and allow to air dry. Even lettuce keeps a couple of weeks or more. Sure helps the budget to be able to eat it instead of giving it to the freeloading ducks. :lol:

I may have to modify that to picking up fresh fruits and veggies when I am near a real store, which is unlikely. I have been in heaven with the fresh stuff we bought a coup,e weeks ago. We are just finishing up the salad stuff. We rinse everything we can in a weak vinegar/water solution and allow to air dry. Even lettuce keeps a couple of weeks or more. Sure helps the budget to be able to eat it instead of giving it to the freeloading ducks.
lol.png
I didn't know that would prolong produce, good to know!

Back
Top Bottom