MONTHLY Swap meet JACKSONVILLE, FLA-----INFO HERE!

Quote:
Dh came home from work tonight and I told him I was thinking about getting a couple and he thinks I am CRAZY.
Since I just ordered 10 speckled sussex from a breeder in Texas and I have speckled sussex eggs in the incubator and Black copper marans eggs on the way - - - I think I had better restrain myself with this chicken madness.

Dang it, they are just too cute.

Now you should explain to your hubby that a Math Ace knows better than to count her chicks before they have hatched so any and all hatching eggs do not figure into the equation!

You need some good white eggs to finish out the color spectrum those Marans and Sussex are going to give you.

So when will the next meet be? Is anyone going to be selling Salmon Faverolles? Or does anyone know of someone who may have some?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Jacksonville FL. I went to the Bent Creek swap. I show, breed, raise and love chickens. I'm going to look for pictures of what I did have right now. I lived in Iowa.

My deepest thanks to FireTigeris for her patience.

Help! I need a place to keep chickens. My husband and I will have to move or rent a barn somewhere. I live in southside five minutes south of tinseltown.

Quote:
Go WEST -- - - - Jacksonville gets Rural if you go WEST . .. . Whitehouse area, Bent Creek feed Store Area, Normandy WEST, Baldwin is WAY west and WAY county.

Over in the Tinseltown area - - - you in city, you need to get in the country.....
smile.png

I am north west of Jacksonville in Nassau County. WELCOME to the Area

Thanks math ace! The more info the better. Is there a newspaper that the farmers all read out there? Something called the penny pincher, or something else? I need to get in touch with what is available in the area somehow.

banner.jpg

I was hoping to let everyone know that we're having a BackYard Chicken exhibit at our Jacksonville Seed Swap and Community Garden Expo on March 19th.

We're going to be collecting signatures on a petition to change the city ordinance to allow keeping of hens in Jacksonville. If anyone would like to sign, please drop by! If you'd like more info, click on the link to go to the related topic.

I just found out about the Swap that goes on monthly! I'm going to have to miss March's but can't wait for April's!

Thanks,
Carol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom