MONTHLY Swap meet JACKSONVILLE, FLA-----INFO HERE!

Where was our usual crowd at Bent Creek Today???? Come on back to the November swap, ya hear!!!!!!

Math Ace, it was great to put a face with the correspondence, nice to have met you and look forward to seeing you
again soon.

Shared Acres, you get the award for cutest little chick!!!!! Spencer is ADORABLE!!!!! What a beautiful little girl!!!!
Thanks for letting me hold her, it brought back some happy memories! Enjoy the sewing machine, you'll have fun seeing what it will do, I'm sure. What are you going to make?

Scraps, did you sell your little frizzle roosters? They were SOOO cute! If we'd had more buyers today, I feel sure they would have all sold.
My friend Al just LOVED your little ducks.

Dawn, those were the biggest silkies I've ever seen! It's probably that George Mihalek stock...he likes them BIG! I understand the Brittish silkies are much larger than ours.

The Times Union reporter and photographer were there. I hope we get some free publicity out of it. We need to get the word out for the next swap so it will be worthwhile for all of us. If you know anybody with stock to buy or sell, please invite them and get them to come out and support the effort. Thanks to those who post on Craig's list to help publicize the event.

Have a wonderful week, all!

I'm hoping to do some appliques!

Speaking of the TU piece, with more publicity will come more people who aren't on BYC so we need to remind new people of the rules so we can continue to have the swaps!

What gives with the PIG getting the main Photo on the Newspaper artical!!!!!!!?????? It's A CHICKEN SWAP, isn't it????

Nothing against pigs, goats, bunnies or any other animal brought for sale, but the principal reason the swap was started, and the animal most often shown/sold is the CHICKEN!

I am really disappointed that there wasn't a chicken in the main photo, because I think that best represents what this is about.

Just my opinion.....I welcome yours.

Hey guys!

I just found this thread and wish I had sooner! I think we might just have to make a trip up for the next swap - it sounds like too much fun!
big_smile.png

Come on up Nicole. Sometimes it is busy first thing and sometimes it is busy later. The weather should be much cooler next time. . .
You will see goats, pigs, chickens, guinea pogs, rabbits - - and who knows what else. . .

Well we made it in the paper:

Well, I was mentioned in the Times Union, but they didn't run Spencer's pic. Little disappointed they didn't call to get more info since I started the swap, they had gotten my phone number. (I would have told them about BYC and such.) AND told them that it's a CHICKEN swap but others are welcome.

And they put the swap as the 4th Sunday of the month, we actually identify it as the last Sunday. And they didn't mention Backyardchickens.com at all.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-11-01/story/how-much-piglet-window

Last edited:
THERE are MORE chicken pictures for the swap . . .

Dh said you have to click on the top of the picture where it says next . . .

and then you will see 3 more pictures all with chickens / ducks.

The article was a lot about chickens, so I thinkkkkk maybe the FREE advertisement was not bad.
It would be nice if we work on getting a small byc table set up for some free publicity - - - WHAT Do YOU think ? ?

My grandmother just brought me the actual paper, the large photo on the metro section is a piggy. The small inset is the hand holding 3 chicks.

Math Ace, one of the members usually does have a BYC table set up (because she's cool like that) but she lives out of town and can't always make the swaps.

Back
Top Bottom