More ducks

ekop31100

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 8, 2014
Currently I have one khaki campbell who is 5 months old and one black swedish/Cayuga who is 4 months old. My khaki campbell is very quiet, but my swed has got some lungs! My parents don't like the noise and worry that it might be disrupting our neighbors (although I don't think they can even hear her). Is this just a phase that she will grow out of? Or will she always be super loud?

Also, I was wondering if more ducks would keep them company and possibly keep her more quiet? And is there any other pros or cons of having more ducks?

I'd say its sounds like you have a male & female. Females are loud, males are quiet and raspy.

More ducks = More noise, in my experience. If she's quiet at night and the neighbors don't complain, I wouldn't worry too much. You can always ask to see if she's bugging them.

Last edited:
I know for a fact that my khaki who is quiet is a female because she gives me an eggs day! My swed is too young to be laying (for another month or so) but I know she is also a female because she is loud and she doesn't have a drake feather.

Back
Top Bottom