More feathered legs and mystery babies

coffeeaddict

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2014
These are almost certainly mixed breeds, but is it possible to guess what mix they might have? Feathered legs came from a light brown egg. The very light gray/creamy poof ball baby (darker gray around the eyes) came from a light brown egg and the mottled gray, black and white came from a green egg.

IMG_1200.jpg IMG_1202.jpg
DSC05151.jpg

They are not mine or a friends. They are from a farm stand so I do not know the parentage. We had a very bad hatch rate with some shipped eggs so I randomly added these to our incubation not knowing if they were fertile or not. All six eggs I set ended up being fertile.

The green egg one is an Easter Egger or at least an EE mix. And I agree on Brahma or Cochin mix for the one. The other one I’m not sure on. Lots of breeds lay brown eggs and there don’t really appear to be any distinguishing traits that stand out like with the others.

The green egg one is an Easter Egger or at least an EE mix. And I agree on Brahma or Cochin mix for the one. The other one I’m not sure on. Lots of breeds lay brown eggs and there don’t really appear to be any distinguishing traits that stand out like with the others.
Thank you. That's very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom