What did you do in the garden today?

I have a baby tree that requires 70%+ humidity in order to thrive. Since I can't really replicate that inside the house easily, I bought a 4x6 ft greenhouse from Amazon and set it up in partial shade under a giant oak tree. I basically use the hose to spray the ceiling of the greenhouse so the water comes down like rain rather than spraying the plant directly... Then I filled up a 5 gallon bucket full of water to help provide a source to elevate the humidity.

Well, yesterday it rained all day so I never went out to check it. This morning I took a peek inside the greenhouse and was shocked to find the 5 gallon bucket completely empty! I am so surprised that entire bucket evaporated in a single rainy day! 😳

I should plant my dahlias while I am still home, but a little bit afraid it is too soon, frost damaged a lot of my trees, these are the last bulbs I’ve got left of my dahlias, and I don’t want to lose them, but if I don’t plant them, they will also die 🤷🏻‍♀️
Could you plant them in pots temporarily?

Hiya from Eatonville!
Welcome! It's nice out around Eatonville.

Good morning Gardeners, still wet here I have the garden
fully planted.
We stay in the 40's at night low 50's during the day.
This is spring here may see 60's soon.
It got down to 37 degrees here last night. Had to turn on my furnace for an hour this morning when I got up.

The grass is coming up in clumps and not really ready to mow.
Same & it looks so dumb. 😆

Thinking about getting some cuke, melon & squash seeds in the ground. We *should* be past frost. I am not going to be able to cover anything this year with bug netting, surgery restrictions so I can't lift my hands over my head till June 1. By that point it's probably too late to bother, but maybe not.

I have a baby tree that requires 70%+ humidity in order to thrive. Since I can't really replicate that inside the house easily, I bought a 4x6 ft greenhouse from Amazon and set it up in partial shade under a giant oak tree. I basically use the hose to spray the ceiling of the greenhouse so the water comes down like rain rather than spraying the plant directly... Then I filled up a 5 gallon bucket full of water to help provide a source to elevate the humidity.

Well, yesterday it rained all day so I never went out to check it. This morning I took a peek inside the greenhouse and was shocked to find the 5 gallon bucket completely empty! I am so surprised that entire bucket evaporated in a single rainy day! 😳
That just can't be! 5 gallon bucket evaporate? Something, or someone, was thirsty 🤔 now just who was that crafty devil? Snuck in, drank the water & left without a trace, not even a tell tale turd...I am suggesting setting up some sort of camera to see what's going on! You've got to have some ornery joker or crazy critter taking that water! 😜

Back
Top Bottom