More laying every day

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
I got some chicks in May, RIR, BSL, Barred Rock, and buffs, they are finally all starting to lay so I thought I would post the timeframe they started laying to see how it compares to your alls

Barred Rock 22-24 weeks
Buffs, 24-25 weeks
Black Sex Links 24-26 weeks
Rhode Island Red 26-28 weeks, I only have one RIR laying right now I think

Out of 14 pullets im getting 9-10 eggs a day, a month ago it was around 4-6 eggs a day so its getting better every day

I have 5 barred rocks that I got September 3rd when they were ?20 weeks old. But I'm not sure if that was an actual age or an average age. Anyway, the first one started laying at 27 weeks. The next one almost 2 weeks later, the 3rd about a week after that. I think the 4th is getting ready but I don't know about the 5th. She still looks pretty immature. Today we only got 1 egg but we've been getting 3 a day for the past 5 or 6 days.

The days here are only about 10 hours long now so I'm very surprised they are even laying since I've read they need 14-16 hours of daylight for laying.

yeah I had been leaving a light on for 3 hours after dark but I blew the bulb out a couple days ago, that reminds me I need to change the bulb lol

Back
Top Bottom