More Mallard babies have hatched photos inside

PlumTuckered

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 27, 2007
Arkansas
Baby number one is doing great, she's spoiled rotten and spent most of the day in my hand or on my lap. This morning she saw me walk by and started hollering but I had to go out and get something from the porch, When I stepped back inside the house she had jumped out of the mini brooder bin, off of a desk to the floor and was standing by the front door looking at me...this lil gal has spunk!!
2832_mallardbabyday2-005.jpg

2832_princessprofile.jpg

2832_princessnapping.jpg

Baby number two just came out of the incubator and is with number one in the brooder
2832_princessandsibling.jpg

Baby number three is drying off in the incubator and will join them in the brooder tomorrow morning.

Michelle

she's a hoot for sure!
Yes Ma'am pure Mallard, the eggs came from one of my Mallard Hens and I only have one drake , he's a Mallard.
I've got 11 more Mallard eggs under a Broody Chicken and 15 under a broody Pekin..a friend gave me 6 Scovie babies and wanted some Mallards so we're hatching them all for her.

Michelle

both of my Pekins ( a Jumbo Hen and a regular Hen) went broody last year. This year my 2 yr old ( I hatched her out in my house) is broody again and sitting on 15 Mallard eggs. I hope she goes "full term" because I think she'd make a wonderful Mamma.

My 4th Mallard egg hatched out in the incubator last night, so glad I was able to save all 4 babies from my crazy Maran Hen. My Buff Orpington chicken is still sitting on 11 Mallard eggs LOL

Michelle

They are adorable. Its always so much easier when you dont have one hatching too much earlier than the others. I dont like to leave them in the bator too long... but taking them out just to be alone seems sad. so glad to see your first little one with spunk now has some friends.

Back
Top Bottom