More Mallard babies have hatched photos inside

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PlumTuckered, May 10, 2011.

1. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Baby number one is doing great, she's spoiled rotten and spent most of the day in my hand or on my lap. This morning she saw me walk by and started hollering but I had to go out and get something from the porch, When I stepped back inside the house she had jumped out of the mini brooder bin, off of a desk to the floor and was standing by the front door looking at me...this lil gal has spunk!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Baby number two just came out of the incubator and is with number one in the brooder
    [​IMG]

Baby number three is drying off in the incubator and will join them in the brooder tomorrow morning.

Michelle

2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Yep, you have a troublemaker there.

Is she mallard? She looks like she might have a little rouen mixed in with her, just a bit.

3. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    she's a hoot for sure!
    Yes Ma'am pure Mallard, the eggs came from one of my Mallard Hens and I only have one drake , he's a Mallard.
    I've got 11 more Mallard eggs under a Broody Chicken and 15 under a broody Pekin..a friend gave me 6 Scovie babies and wanted some Mallards so we're hatching them all for her.

Michelle

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Well, they're cute! Can't wait to see her grown up.

5. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    Broody Pekin?? YOU LUCKY DUCK!

6. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    both of my Pekins ( a Jumbo Hen and a regular Hen) went broody last year. This year my 2 yr old ( I hatched her out in my house) is broody again and sitting on 15 Mallard eggs. I hope she goes "full term" because I think she'd make a wonderful Mamma.

My 4th Mallard egg hatched out in the incubator last night, so glad I was able to save all 4 babies from my crazy Maran Hen. My Buff Orpington chicken is still sitting on 11 Mallard eggs LOL

Michelle

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    They are adorable. Its always so much easier when you dont have one hatching too much earlier than the others. I dont like to leave them in the bator too long... but taking them out just to be alone seems sad. so glad to see your first little one with spunk now has some friends.

8. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    LOL!! Adorable!!

9. ourlittleflock

ourlittleflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    Those are adorable - if I didn't have calls in the bator I would hatch some mallards

10. ChicaChicken

ChicaChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by