Most expensive eggs I've ever seen!

Heck, one of us need to move there and the rest of us will mail eggs................
lol.png

I was selling mine for $1.50 a doz, but some jerk started selling theirs at $1 - this is a TINY town so that about did it for me - I now give them away to the few folks we know, the rest that we don't eat get fed back to the chickens.

I charge $6 for a dozen for my pastured eggs !
big_smile.png
if you can get away with it why not
wink.png
I live in the suburbs and I am starting to get more of a list it is usually just friends and neighbors though.

Henry

Yeah, I'm from Portland (and my parents still live there). My mom said she was down at Trader Joe's and saw some "Organic" eggs for $7/dozen! She asked me what I get for my eggs as eating eggs and I told her $2/dozen. She told me I was ripping myself off with being that low, but I don't think so. In this area, it's about "farm fresh" not so much "free range" or "organic." And people are downright cheap. LOL I've even had people ask me for "discounts" and if I'd sell mine for $1 dozen!

Quote:
Same here! I've only had one person actually ask me about my chickens. She wanted to know if they were debeaked or not. If they had been she wouldn't have bought any eggs. The rest are happy to get "REAL" farm fresh eggs.

Edited to say: The chickens are my "hobby" I don't have to make money off them. Although we did figure it out a couple of months ago and the price I charge was covering the costs of the eggs I'm selling. Of course, it doesn't include the eggs we use or the ones we give away.

Last edited:
Most eggs around here range from $2-3 a dozen. which is just alittle higher than the stores charge. I'm glad I have one now producing regularly. now if the others would join her that would be great. However, I have my wonderful neighbor who everytime I see him he offers me 3 dozen eggs, 2 chicken and 1 duck. we aren't planning to sell ours, however my family has offered to help out with the cost of feed for "free" eggs.

Back
Top Bottom