MotherGoose - Welsummer eggs on day 20! :) (Day 23 update!)

Cuban Longtails

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast Texas
I have welsummer eggs from MotherGoose on day 20 along with eggs from my own flock. I had two of my easter egger eggs that had pipped this morning. Can't wait to get home tonight to see what else I have!
jumpy.gif

6 of the welsummer eggs didn't develop but the rest had "something" in them as far as I could tell.
big_smile.png

Edited because I can't count...
roll.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope a couple of them hatch for me. That my own eggs pipped is a good sign that maybe I didn't mess up too much during incubation. A few that I candled showed some movement, so I know they're alive! They just need to make it out of that shell!
big_smile.png

To top it all off, I just had a bantam x standard mix and a bantam brahma go broody on me in the same nest...
barnie.gif
th.gif

Day 21!
yippiechickie.gif

Okie dokie, I have 9 babies from my own eggs and 4 of the 8 Welsummers have pipped the shell. First baby out was an experimental silkie cross.
love.gif
I have a beautiful red/gold chick that possibly came from my RIR girls and an EE rooster. I gotta get pictures tonight so's I can share!

jumpy.gif

Day 22

I have 5 welsummer babies! One more is pipped and I could see it moving around in there.

Most of my eggs hatched, two haven't done anything and one is pipped. I have the cutest ee mixes and maybe some barred rocks
fl.gif

Pictures later after I download them from my camera.
big_smile.png

Kudos to me for not "helping" any of them hatch.
wink.png

Day 23

Alright... I have two stragglers... there's a welsummer that's pipped, been pipped since yesterday and still no progression (other than making the pipped hole bigger). There's another welsummer that is going to be very fashionably late because it hasn't even pipped the shell but I know it's still alive because I've seen it move when I candle the egg.
sad.png

What to do, what to do...

Temp at 100 degrees, humidity was at 80% when I checked this morning. I have five babies left in the incubator hoping they would encourage the other two stragglers to hurry up and join them.

Here are a couple of pictures I meant to post yesterday:

20080516_1.jpg

20080516_9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom