Mothers Day hatch *hatching updates*

:)Day 17 and counting . . .
:DMy babies are graduating from the kindergarten room today in order to make room for the new ones . . .
:cool:that means the big kids are going on up to the big house and six hens and three roosters went to happy new home this morning:(

How's everyone comin along with their hatches?
I have one pip in a egg which caught me off guard since its still fairly early in the game. I didnt even know it was there till i heard it peeping at me
smile.png

As a refresher, tomorrow is day 18 for me. So I need to fill the outer compartments in the bottom with water and remove the turner, right? Is there anything else to do?

Quote:
oh my gosh those call ducks are soooo cute! If I ever get to have ducks that's what I want; be sure to post new pics when they hatch!

I was going to wait until tonight . . . but couldn't!!!
So here is my last candling update:
I had 5 at last candling that I thought were no good, but instead of removing them I just put them in a seperate row. Of those 5 one now looked great - so glad I kept them in, 3 I am pretty sure are no good but not positive so they stay in, and 1 I could easily tell the difference now and knew it wasn't good. Took it out and broke open found detached air cell, totally scrambled yolk and about a 5 day embryo - so blaming that one on shipping.
I filled both chanels with water and laid them on their sides - watching humidity rise now.
23 that look good (ie: full dark blobs with aircell, not much movement) and 3 maybes.
Now I gotta go look up that humidity level we are aiming for, and need to go buy sponges and assemble hatching kit . . .

Back
Top Bottom