Moulting or Sick?

LisabethBrooke

Chirping
5 Years
May 16, 2014
My Toulouse Goose is losing a ton of feathers. He doesn't have any bald spots and doesn't seem to be acting sick. He loses more when he baths himself in the kiddie pool. I'm hoping he is just molting, but I'm worried he might need a trip to a vet. Any advice?

He's probably just molting but if your really worried a trip to the vet wouldn't do any harm. Is he showing any unusual behavior or symptoms

This is molting season now. I find that some birds molt faster than other's. Hopefully you goose is a fast molt. But if you are worried do call the vet's and see what they say. Better to be safe than sorry.....

He's probably just molting but if your really worried a trip to the vet wouldn't do any harm. Is he showing any unusual behavior or symptoms
No nothing unusual besides the feathers all over the yard and in the kiddie pool. But recently we did start to warm up in temperature so I'm hoping that it is just molting. But tomorrow I will call the vet first thing. I've lost plenty of geese this year, I don't want to lose another.

Back
Top Bottom