Moulting ?

mybackyardhobbyfarm

Songster
8 Years
Dec 18, 2014
B.C. Canada
427CD109-9325-4C7E-AB61-0E0307455460.jpeg
I’m assuming this is her first moult ? Her hatch date was Feb 26,2020.
Left side is this summer when she started laying and the right side is now. She’s looking pretty scraggly and had stopped laying a couple weeks ago but she hasn’t changed at all in demeanour or activity.

Yes, I’d say so. Chickens get thin and very should we say messy when there moulting, you can keep an eye out for feathers to. Just warning you it can last a few weeks so don’t be worried.

Yes, I’d say so. Chickens get thin and very should we say messy when there moulting, you can keep an eye out for feathers to. Just warning you it can last a few weeks so don’t be worried.
Thanks ! I had totally forgotten about moulting and at first thought what is happening to my beautiful hen ?! 😱 but she seems totally fine just looking scraggly. She is the only one that looks like this in my flock currently.

Thanks ! I had totally forgotten about moulting and at first thought what is happening to my beautiful hen ?! 😱 but she seems totally fine just looking scraggly. She is the only one that looks like this in my flock currently.
Chickens often moult at different times of year depending on what time they feel necessary, chickens moult of there “winter feathers” to to grow there “summer feathers” or opposite ways round, Or at least mine do that. There so fluffy in winter compared to summer.

Back
Top Bottom