Mountain Lion

thebirdguy

Songster
Nov 22, 2010
Idaho Falls
So I'm out working on the fence on our ten acres this morning and I see a cop car, fish and game truck and a couple other vehicles across the street and down a couple hundred yards.. Lights flashing on the cop car and everything... after 30 minutes or so, they all went further down the road.. When I left a couple hours later, they were down the road maybe a 1/4 mile so I pulled over and asked the cop what was going on.. They had a hunter with dogs there and were tracking a mountain lion that had been chasing horses just up the road from our place that morning!! I had heard rumors that there was a lion around a month ago but never heard anything definitive.. guess it's really there.. Of course our barn isn't finished and nothing is secure enough to protect them from a predator this big.. Here's hoping that they chased it far enough it won't bother my birds or goats!!

South East Idaho... They have them in the mountains of Idaho but this is the first I have heard of one down here in civilization..

we are in the SE Oregon desert, just below Nampa, Idaho and we have a plethora of cougars here! They attacked a cow dog right in front of our house. Since we got the Maremmas, we haven't had any more problems with predators even with free ranging goats, sheep and chickens.

I live just a couple of blocks from city hall. Im definitely not anyone's idea of rural. We had a cougar sighted 2 blocks from my house about a month ago. Its surprising where you can find them.

Back
Top Bottom