Movies Fresh and Collapse

Mattemma

Crowing
10 Years
Aug 12, 2009
Just finished watching Fresh and Collapse. Enjoyed them both. Good to show the kids where their meat(and formerly) eggs come from. While they did not watch Collapse(all talk) I did talk to them about how oil is not just about gas,but directly related to all stages of mass food production.Oil is used in the making of sooooo many things. I had no idea that oil is such a major part of our lives,and certainly do wonder what it will be like when there is little to none left.

For Fresh I really like the guys farm in Swoope Virginia where he moved the cows around,and then moved the chickens into the cows old spot. Total healthy cycle and RECYCLE of everything. Far better than what they showed with the hen houses and feed lots.

What the heck is that white crystals they call poulty litter? The chicks look so healthy when tossed in there,and the later pictures of the pullets was so sad,and yet they say they are healthy and happy.

The Ozark pig guy learned the hard way that increasing the pig output led to more disease.He went back to the normal way and his hogs have not had to take antibios for 14 years.

I like the food grocery coop in Missouri(would shop there), and the guy growing veggies,worms,and talapia in Wisconsin. Overall good.I watched Collapse first which brought me down and worried,but then Fresh brought me up a bit and hopeful seeing what people are doing.

People argue that doing it the normal,healthy,old way will cost the consumer to much,and there will not be enough food to feed everyone. Question is whether that mass food is really all that good for the people.Yeah we have enough to feed them,but it isn't much better than the food we feed the animals!People are getting heavier and sicker on the stuff.There has got to be a way to make it work the healthier way.

Back
Top Bottom