Movies with Chickens in Them?

I am pretty sure Cold Comfort Farm in film form has chickens in it.

I can just hear that infamous line now
lol.png
"I saw something nasty in the woodshed."

I can't wait to watch all of these movies! I'm going to start keeping a list of random movies with chicken scenes in them. Maybe there is one online? I'll look and post it, if so.

I found this listing that mentions "Napoleon Dynamite" as having chickens in it. I don't recall that, but I'll rewatch it:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090616191533AARqmYg

I'm also interested in movies that have chickens merely crowing or clucking in the background, not even pictured.

I saw one the other night. It was a Sci-Fi movie, I think. I believe it was set in a jungle somewhere. I wasn't sure it was a rooster crowing in the background, but I'm pretty sure it was. I think the sound of a rooster crowing in the background is so romantic!

Let's keep a list here. As we watch movies, please mention in this thread if it has even the tiniest shot or sounds of chickens in it. Okay? It would be fun to watch them all.

I loved the person's commentary above on how chicken depictions in movies are often inaccurate for the time period of the movie. So interesting!

CHICKEN LITTLE came in today at the library, and so did THE EGG AND I. Yippee! I am going to watch them now. Thanks for the great tips.

Also, I found a Little House on the Prairie video at the thrift store for just 33 cents, the luck of the draw, and it's the episode with stolen Matilda, the Hen, in it! That was a lucky find! It's about the good student who wants to be a doctor whose dad is ill and who steals food only, to feed the family, until he is caught.

Oh my gosh that movie was so ridiculous. It also had a short story about a woman who gave CPR to her chicken (I think it just thawed out from being half frozen). I forgot the name of it too!
I have a friend who seriously did give CPR to a chicken! He's a rooster we gave to them and she saw him floating face down in their pool, and was completely lifeless when she dragged him out. She is a nurse, and gave him CPR!!! He was revived and went on to win best in show at a chicken competition!

So it really can be done...although I sure wouldn't know how to do it. She really loves that roo!

That is a great story, spacecowgirl! Thanks for sharing it with us. I have a rooster I love that much, too. I'd gladly perform CPR on him if he needed it (if I knew how to do it correctly to a chicken.)

His name is "Baby," and he's my love!

Clare P.S. I really enjoyed watching THE EGG & I yesterday, the old Claudette Colbert movie. How fun! Thanks to the person who recommended it!

Back
Top Bottom