1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Moving Our Info From Website To Facebook What You Think?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by bishopschickens, Nov 16, 2009.

1. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Sorry if this is not the right place but we are in the middle of moving all our info from our previous website www.bbwingsnthings.com to our facebook page. You can find us at bishopschickens on facebook to see up to date photos of all our birds. We also will keep it updated with whats for sale ect. Thanks so much to all those who have done business with us and god bless...

brandon

breeds:
    black created white polish (standard)
    white creasted blue polish (standard)
    black copper marans
    blue marans
    white marans
    blue laced red wyandottes (bantams and standard)

albina chukar
    chocolate turkeys
    white pekins
    khaki cambells
    pharoh curturnix
    tennesse red bob white quail
    blue muscovey

More to come....

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    I have to say that I prefer a normal website over facebook - if only because I don't need to have an account or be logged in to see a normal website, as one would with facebook.

Google makes a very easy, very quick website building tool, which syncs with their picassa software/website. That's where I keep my chicken albums and egg promotional page.

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    My family stays off Facebook. We don't go anywhere near it!

4. SandyK

SandyK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Sorry, big business mistake. If you must, have both.

5. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    MANY people dont have facebook. I would definately keep the site.

6. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    We actually had a problem with the man who set up our website and have to either find someone else to build us one or do one ourselves and i dont know where to start. Hope to eventually do both! Of course we will still be offering our birds right here to other BYC members. Thank you though for your opinions as that is what we were looking for with this question!

Brandon

7. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Quote:mine is done through www.freewebs.com I love it and it was easy to use.

8. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Quote:If you need help, send me a PM. I'm very HTML proficient and would be willing to help you out.

9. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Thank you all so much for your help and in about a month or two I think I will take you up on these offers. Promise I will make it worth your time. I believe we are paid up until feb or march but im not 100% sure. have to ask the wife again!

Brandon

10. raacampbell

raacampbell Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Nooo! Not facebook! Loads of people don't use it and often for good reasons.
    A nice website on the "real" internet is way better and everyone can access it.

You may already know this but I think the best solution is to buy a domain name from companies like oneandone.com; a .com costs about $10 a year and the rest are way cheaper. You can host your content elsewhere (perhaps a free location) and set up your domain name to point to it. If you move your content just update where you domain name points. This way you never have to change your URL.

HTML is straightforward once you've got the hang of it. If you need help building a site, just mail me.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by