Mower

I had the same problem as you did and we finally had enough and went out "mower" shopping. We went to Wal Mart and found a "Yard Man Zero Turn" that had been sitting in the law and garden section for over a year. It was brand spanking new. No one had purchased it and didn't look like anyone was interested in it. They were asking $2,200 for it but being the cheap person I am, I was NOT paying that much for a Zero Turn that had been sitting up for more than a year. We negotiated a price, including a good warranty, (in the event after 5 cuts it killed us on) and were able to take that baby home for $800.00. They were glad to see it go. In fact, I think that they had given it a name (Charlie) because they saw the poor thing every day and had become friends with it.

We have had it for about a year and have not had any problems. The tire gets low every now and then and I have to air it up but other than that, no mechanical problems. Here is what the Yard Man Zero Turn looks like. I have about 1 acre of land to cut.

6612_yard_man_zero_turn.jpg

Yard Man Select Series 42" Gas-Powered Zero-Turn Riding Mower:

•High-back seat
•Rear wheels move independently for zero-turn maneuverability
•42" cutting deck with twin blades
•21 HP Briggs & Stratton Intek engine
•Pivoting front axle for smooth cut
•11" front tires
•18" rear tires
•3-gal fuel tank

You got a great deal on that for sure. I need something that is 60" or better. We have three acres and I mow it all. Hub came home last nite and tried starter spray and the old mower just isn't getting any spark.... Dunno what we are going to do.

Quote:
Yup, then it is definetely time to let the old lady go. Could you put her up on CL and see if you can save up enough money over the winter to get a nice one for next year?

My guy got a nice zero turn mower at the end of the year HD sale.

I think he is on youtube doing wheelies on it...lol

Oh and it cuts the grass really fast and was not 10K!

Me, I have a scotts push mower (for moms place-but my lawn there is just a postage stamp)

Last edited:
Some of the old self propelled Toros are great too. No pushing, just walking with the mower. My husbands mower is so old, teh thread on the tires is worn off. He has used that thing for more than a decade and it just keeps on going...

I got him a newer used one for his birthday in case the old lady breaks down.

After much research a couple of months ago, I decided that the best bang for my buck was the Hustler Fastrack Super Duty. I can now mow the yard in 1hr 15min. instead of over 3hrs.It has the 26hp Kawasaki commercial engine and a 54" deck(also available in 48"and 60"). It was $6299.00 plus tax. My old Craftsman GT6000 is 19yrs old and just getting tired with over 4000hrs on it. Good luck with your search, there are a lot of good and not so good zero turns out there.

42454_2_image_6.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom