MPC Easter Egg GIVEAWAY!

MyPetChicken

Songster
12 Years
Apr 2, 2007
Great news! My Pet Chicken has two fertile egg suppliers focusing on rare and in-demand breeds. They are NPIP--of course!--and they’re outstanding. We are so excited about our new breeds and in an effort to help you share some of our excitement we are timing our Spring Giveaway with the Easter Hatch-a-long.

First, we’d like to make sure that members know that our Frizzled Seramas and Fun and Funky assortments are 10% off through the end of February.

Next, we’re giving away a dozen eggs each to three lucky people who comment on this thread!

The winners of our giveaway will be chosen randomly on February 26th, so they can ship the following Monday. The eggs will be hatchery choice (based upon what the girls are laying at the time)... but do tell us about the breeds you’re hoping for in your comment/entry, and we’ll do our best to accommodate the winners’ wishes.

About our new breeders:

Both of our new breeders focus on hardiness, egg size, and meeting breed standards. For instance, have a look at our many rare and in-demand breeds.

mfCM11rUE4DxVtAelJbxnak0jPDwUHl54Jf_1A1OTrJUv0uswEeaTAvj9mTUI1LMsJ5Y9I95wkXzcKv-8tfPeYbsExaYTWGaVTnM9PUXykqUxZBXceAEQ2-eV79v-Ajde9FjCZFZ

Have you been dying for true Brichen Marans, Coronation Sussex, or Rees Line Cream Legbars? We’ve got ‘em!

Want to add some Funk to the Flock?

Or maybe you want a yard of colorful hens that lay intense colors, or large blue eggs! Check out our Intense Egg Color Collection or our Cuckoo Bluebars!

Vtm2dWDt0a1UvrYV-c9JmspekLCrsNLB0piTc95vfZnEmdjFalkXLeYeKn7CVjc8fzld0NzH3hJtE0roW_daXNdypZwxcpvv8sNPNsk6AGOaG32YtQM3psmDfEmw55OWE4CNglqD

y2B5jUPjPPUnYbQFsBP6S0Ex1ZXYRejjQHmSeB9fM9rLODCfcUQwzkV0P4O8OdHHTm4uCQyxFF0cyuqwjEqkLEXb2Cd2GBSSjuCGQE-vKCofw11dk3eWZeTrXo8cN2E-2QgoXyJm

Shipping:

Each of our breeders uses a different shipping method.

H92kZa9SLaFcfo4RFmR3wj_2d7A8ixGXcaHsocA4PHCTln8fPESGpMO406ImkzFmFY6dL1y9HIApWxs8fTdB6IuoCuLTUrfdsBFUhf9RBu1Bk2NK3TJ6_toEAFdPXkND503J3LAz

XBMgHugwbkoSHdM5xlecJbE8dnivB4VU-KL7U_Co7pAzLDfAzGTdHOAWhlBywBntAmjt__p5J2xAwXs_Tb21K0UUxQF8CEwDqGrh4LkxZewtik547wx87VUhYTT7iGa7IWHAfBDR

Here, we individually bubble wrap the eggs for maximum protection. Once wrapped, the eggs are placed and secured in an upright position with layers of newspaper or foam to ensure their safe arrival.
JDZmk9EdDZ4jqkJLFx20qFOydl6_mARjYy-40_apy0nI6kb2YF8egWEhxxSbpqosXxaOHJe20ZqvcuHoTtxAJOFEy2bcMXSYwPNaQsnusQYurBA-eFyHNAN26IsVAKjd4JztOFlB

j-VnJf1uJ1w9CyRMNxamT8MisbbjLNbvzLBm-WOwXZ9dRtJDiXQnJLTOzY4nntiR4PEnvdZIHq5QFjY_fxowgtFTFhMOugw5lCe9or6s6qlK2a4RYN8ZBgRgnbvMoL7UMgPlpWRb

The second method uses an innovative foam layer, specially designed to cradle the eggs individually and absorb any shock or jostling experienced during shipping.

Storage:

Our fertile hatching eggs are collected every day and are properly stored (large end up at around 60F). They're stored based on age, so we can ensure you will never be shipped eggs older than 3 days old. Eggs that are older than 3 days are set weekly to check/confirm fertility (and feed our own hatching addiction of course!), and we routinely achieve 95% home hatch rates.

When we are not hatching a particular breed, we crack eggs open for weekly fertility spot-checks (and afterward quiche, or occasional angel food cake--it's our weekly fertility celebration!) When fertility drops temporarily due to season, for example, we remove the flock from production until fertility returns to desired levels. The bottom line is that our flock health and proper breeding management are top priorities.

So… have you been dying for rare breed eggs? To enter the giveaway, browse our varieties, and comment on this thread about which you’d prefer to receive.

It’s a win-win!

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
! Congrats Winners!!
celebrate.gif
!

yippiechickie.gif
Yay Local!
yippiechickie.gif

So excited for your wins!

Thanks for the all inclusive prizes Alex! Your awesome!
hugs.gif

Me, too. My name is Walli. It actually helped me get a few job interviews... long, long ago before I became a retired, crazy chicken lady.
lol.png

@LocalYokel I'll trade you for some salt & pepper shakers!
wink.png
lau.gif
(sorry, I couldn't resist!)
lau.gif

I was actually going to say that as a joke! Beat me to it! I have other plans though!
hugs.gif

lol.png

hugs.gif

Congrats to all the winners.
Thanks!

CONGRATS everyone!! @sarasweatman whoot whoot!!
hugs.gif

celebrate.gif
! Congrats Winners!!
celebrate.gif
!

yippiechickie.gif
Yay Local!
yippiechickie.gif

So excited for your wins!

Thanks for the all inclusive prizes Alex! Your awesome!

Me, too. My name is Walli. It actually helped me get a few job interviews... long, long ago before I became a retired, crazy chicken lady.
lol.png

@LocalYokel I'll trade you for some salt & pepper shakers!
wink.png
lau.gif
(sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Congrats to all the winners.

CONGRATS everyone!! @sarasweatman whoot whoot!!

<sigh> I'm just plain Blooie......
hugs.gif

@MyPetChicken

Is it possible to gift this win?

I want to give it to @Blooie , With all she's been through.
love.gif

Tell me the truth, Alex....it was the "man thing", wasn't it?
idunno.gif
Hearty congratulations to the winners.....what a fun group of people in this thread! Alex, thank you for running this contest. How about a St. Paddy's one? (I know, I'm pushing my luck!)
Not at all! I have gotten that my whole life. :)

OOOOH How about a Red(marans), White, and Blue egg giveaway for the 4th of July?!

Alex(woman)
My Pet Chicken

[COLOR=222222]Thank you ALL for participating. I have enjoyed chatting and learning more about your  breed preferences. I truly enjoyed the count down![/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]For this contest, we had a total of 189 Entries! All entries were recorded on a spreadsheet and triple checked for any duplicates. Entries were numbered based upon the order they appeared in the thread to keep everything fair. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Random.org was used to choose the winning numbers. I did promise some surprises when I announced the winners! [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]1st Winner of 1 dozen FREE eggs: #113 @LocalYokel
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222][COLOR=222222]2nd Winner of 1 dozen FREE eggs: #98 @jwlpoultry
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222][COLOR=222222]3rd Winner of 1 dozen FREE eggs: #158 @sarasweatman
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222][COLOR=222222]1st Place Winner of 30% discount on any order of Hatching Eggs from MPC: @MadamPoofyBrow
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222][COLOR=222222]2nd Place Winner of 30% discount on any order of Hatching Eggs from MPC: @bcAddy
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]EVERYONE else who participated in this contest is also a WINNER of 10% discount on any order of Hatching Eggs from MPC!!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]
[COLOR=222222]Congrats to these winners! Please PM me to set up a ship week and confirm the breeds you would prefer. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I look forward to the next big giveaway! [/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Freaking sweet!
Yall are AWESOME
I'M SO PSYCHED!!!!

@MyPetChicken

Is it possible to gift this win?

I want to give it to @Blooie , With all she's been through.
love.gif
Um, whoa.....whoa...back up the chicken truck here! I've just been sick for a couple of days here, just like lots of other people on BYC who have issues every day. I'm flattered, and I'm honored, but when I think of those who entered because they've lost flocks or had a string of really bad luck, what I have had this past week is nothing - certainly not worth taking the prize from the winner!! I don't know what else to say without coming across as ungrateful, because I'm certainly very appreciative! I guess I'm a little stunned, and I'm not sure what to say here! What an amazingly sweet gesture!

Edited to add: Well, I just finished telling Ken about this, and how touched I was. But I also told him that I'd feel guilty accepting it when so many others have lost flocks and were hoping to replace the birds they miss. Ken said, "Why can't you just accept a gift in the spirit that it was given. Just because you don't think you're worthy doesn't mean other people don't! All you have to do is pay it forward, and you do that all the time already."

So I just sent LocalYokel a PM, letting him (her? Already got busted for that once today!) know that with a grateful (and newly repaired) heart, I am proud to accept this amazing gift. I won't ever forget this, or how special it made me feel. Thank you, @LocalYokel and thanks to those who chimed in and agreed. I'll name the first chick after you, Local Yokel...as soon as I figure out if I'm naming a roo or a hen!

Last edited:
Thank you ALL for participating. I have enjoyed chatting and learning more about your breed preferences. I truly enjoyed the count down!

For this contest, we had a total of 189 Entries! All entries were recorded on a spreadsheet and triple checked for any duplicates. Entries were numbered based upon the order they appeared in the thread to keep everything fair.

Random.org was used to choose the winning numbers. I did promise some surprises when I announced the winners!

1st Winner of 1 dozen FREE eggs: #113 @LocalYokel

2nd Winner of 1 dozen FREE eggs: #98 @jwlpoultry

3rd Winner of 1 dozen FREE eggs: #158 @sarasweatman

1st Place Winner of 30% discount on any order of Hatching Eggs from MPC: @MadamPoofyBrow

2nd Place Winner of 30% discount on any order of Hatching Eggs from MPC: @bcAddy

EVERYONE else who participated in this contest is also a WINNER of 10% discount on any order of Hatching Eggs from MPC!!!

Congrats to these winners! Please PM me to set up a ship week and confirm the breeds you would prefer.

I look forward to the next big giveaway!

Wow.

Such amazing folks here.

I'm glad you accepted @Blooie

YOU deserve it whether you realize it or not!
:hugs

I wanted to give another holler @MyPetChicken

Alex said they will still send me 6 PLUS eggs...

Wow. Never saw that comin!

Such great people there and I hope yall support these folks @MyPetChicken they have gone above and beyond!

I will let yall know how everything shakes out

Back
Top Bottom