Mt. Healthy hatchery

Moonlight Piano

Songster
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
Southeastern US. / Georgia.
I have heard alot of good things about mt. healthy hatchery. People have told that their birds are more clos to show type rather than laying type. I am interested partricularly in the partridge rocks, I would like to have another blood line to add to my line. If anyone has some pics that they could share of Mt. Healthy birds I would greatly appreciate it.
D.gif

These are pictures of some Partridge Rocks I raised from Mt. Healthy last year. They were very nice birds, much larger than I expected. The pics were taken when they were nearing point of lay. There not the best pictures, but maybe they'll give you an idea.
19748_chicpic_040.jpg

19748_chicpic_137.jpg

19748_chicpic_041.jpg

19748_miscchic_016.jpg

PR behind BSL
19748_chicpic_043.jpg

Their White Rocks are great birds too, exceptionally large for hatchery birds.
19748_mt_031.jpg

19748_mt_030.jpg

19748_mt_037.jpg

i order 80 chicks for mnt healthy and they wasnt so healthy. with in a hour i lost 15 and then lost more after tht. 2 of them have deformed legs and toes. i am not gonna order from them agian. i am gonna order from rieches poultry farm.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. What time of year were they shipped?
I've ordered hundreds from them, and luckily, I don't think I have ever received any from them with deformed legs or toes. I know it's probably inevitable that 1 or 2 problem birds slip through the sorting process since most hatcheries deal with thousands of chicks on hatch day. But mine have always been in great shape. I know there was a problem with salmonella earlier this spring, but both batches I have ordered this year have been very healthy and I haven't lost a bird do far.

Back
Top Bottom