Mt. Healthy hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Moonlight Piano, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Moonlight Piano

Moonlight Piano Chillin' With My Peeps

I have heard alot of good things about mt. healthy hatchery. People have told that their birds are more clos to show type rather than laying type. I am interested partricularly in the partridge rocks, I would like to have another blood line to add to my line. If anyone has some pics that they could share of Mt. Healthy birds I would greatly appreciate it. [​IMG]

2. KyBlue

KyBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    These are pictures of some Partridge Rocks I raised from Mt. Healthy last year. They were very nice birds, much larger than I expected. The pics were taken when they were nearing point of lay. There not the best pictures, but maybe they'll give you an idea.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PR behind BSL
    [​IMG]

Their White Rocks are great birds too, exceptionally large for hatchery birds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Moonlight Piano

Moonlight Piano Chillin' With My Peeps

Thankyou, those hens are beautiful and would breed some very nice roosters!!

4. chicken farmer 1997

chicken farmer 1997 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    lewis county ky
    i order 80 chicks for mnt healthy and they wasnt so healthy. with in a hour i lost 15 and then lost more after tht. 2 of them have deformed legs and toes. i am not gonna order from them agian. i am gonna order from rieches poultry farm.

5. KyBlue

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    Quote:Sorry to hear about your bad experience. What time of year were they shipped?
    I've ordered hundreds from them, and luckily, I don't think I have ever received any from them with deformed legs or toes. I know it's probably inevitable that 1 or 2 problem birds slip through the sorting process since most hatcheries deal with thousands of chicks on hatch day. But mine have always been in great shape. I know there was a problem with salmonella earlier this spring, but both batches I have ordered this year have been very healthy and I haven't lost a bird do far.

6. chicken farmer 1997

chicken farmer 1997 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    lewis county ky
    it was march, they was all under heat lamps with penlty of water and food.

7. KyBlue

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    I just thought the weather might have been cold and that they might have gotten chilled when they were shipped.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by