Muddy’s Meaties 2022

Pics
I like the taste of Cornish hens. Been many moons since I raised any but if I were to raise a few again for eating purposes, it would be Cornish.
I raised 17 last spring/summer all cornish hens.
Will have to see what the minimum is and/or start watching for availability at RK
The grey broiler is minimum 15 and that’s closing in on max capacity :th

I really like the meat bird selection from Freedom Ranger Hatchery. They have great cornish x and a myriad of other ranger and even a few heritage choices.
I have tried dual purpose but not tried rangers yet. With my limited space, it has to quiet and in freezer asap 😂

I have tried dual purpose but not tried rangers yet. With my limited space, it has to quiet and in freezer asap 😂
that makes sense. If you need quiet definitely stay away from the Heritages! Every morning rn is like a trombone trio around here. Very deep loud honks from the 2 NHs and the Delaware. It is quite comical to me out here in the mniddle of nowhere, but I am sure if I had a neighbor, they may not like it lol.

Just checked out those gray broilers from Hoovers. They look pretty cool, maybe a nice fast growing alternative to the white cornish x. Feed conversion rate looks impressive!

Back
Top Bottom