Multi/Bilingual Language Thread

What Language(s) Do You Speak? :0

• Total voters
Pics
You have to find one that you're interested in for whatever reason. I'd say maybe not go for Greek as your first language, purely because it's totally different, especially when you look at it for the first time
Good point! Thanks! I used to be interested in German but I’m not now for personal reasons. I thought about Gaelic but it looks really hard. I might just go for Spanish or French. I actually really want to try French but I don’t think I could do the accents right.

Good point! Thanks! I used to be interested in German but I’m not now for personal reasons. I thought about Gaelic but it looks really hard. I might just go for Spanish or French. I actually really want to try French but I don’t think I could do the accents right.
Try Welsh! The longest place name in the world is in Wales. I've been there.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

It's a lot of fun to pronouce. For example, Cymru (which is the Welsh word for Wales) is pronounced koomree.

I'm actually learning to read ancient Greek a bit. Mostly just learning to transliterate, because it's really interesting to look at the Bible in Greek and see any differences - or see how similar it is!

I'm actually learning to read ancient Greek a bit. Mostly just learning to transliterate, because it's really interesting to look at the Bible in Greek and see any differences - or see how similar it is!

(Sorry pressed the wrong reaction) straight to ancient Greek huh? That's not something one hears often. How are you finding the alphabet? How about the different punctuation marks?

(Sorry pressed the wrong reaction) straight to ancient Greek huh? That's not something one hears often. How are you finding the alphabet? How about the different punctuation marks?
It's not actually ancient Greek, I realized. I don't actually know. I was talking to someone else and they said it was ancient Greek, but I think it's modern. I'm using Duolingo, and a copy of the NT in Greek. Je ne sais pas, je suis très stupide.

Back
Top Bottom