Murray Mcmurray Order Shipped?

elitemittens

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Hi! I just got an email and a text from MM saying that my order has shipped! Doesnt MM always ship on fridays? When should I expect them?? Do you guys have any tips for mailed chicks? We've always just gotten them from the feed store!

Do you have some chick saver? As soon as I get them home I get them near some heat. Then I usually give my chicks plenty of electrolytes and food. They are going to be cold, thirsty, and hungry. I have had several shipments and have not found a bird dead yet. I know several that have, so I am always careful not to open the chick box while my little girls are watching. If you do end up with some dead chicks call the hatchery and they will likely replace them.

McMurray now ships Mon, Tues and Wed. If you are close to Iowa they could arrive tomorrow. If not then Wednesday is likely. I had an order ship our today too. I expect I will hear from the PO 6 am Wed.

Not anymore. From their FAQs:

When will my chicks arrive?
When shipped January – mid July - Chicks ship Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the week. When your order ships, we will send you an email with the USPS tracking number. You will be able to track your order online with the USPS tracking number.

When shipped late July – October - Chicks ship on Monday of the week. When your order ships, we will send you an email with the USPS tracking number. You will be able to track your order online with the USPS tracking number.

Depending on how rural you are, and how often your PO gets deliveries (some get them 3x a day) they could be there tomorrow. If not I would plan on them Wednesday.

I would plan on a Wed arrival then. You may want to let your PO know they are coming if you haven't already.

We can pick them up anytime after 5AM tomorrow morning! Looks like they substituted 1 Silver Laced Polish with 2 Egyptian Fayoumis!

Back
Top Bottom