Murray McMurray "Special Assorted Bargain"

cbascom

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 4, 2012
Phelan, Calif.
Has anyone ever ordered this? I am considering it for my next order. Sounds like fun to have a "grab bag" and figure out what they are! Probably wind up eating most of the roosters, but might get some good hens.

I've ordered that assortment from MCM, kept track of two ...
2012 I ordered 25 the end of May, they sent 26, all chicks survived, they turned out to be:
Cochin, Black (1M/1F), Cochin, Silver Laced (1M/1F), Langshan, Black (2M), BBOEG (3M/1F), EEs (2M/1F, Hamburg, Spangled (1M), Langshan, White (1F), Cochin, Blue (1F), Maran, Cuckoo (1M), Rock, White (1M/1F), Cornish, Light (1F), Leghorn, Brown (2M/1F), BLRW (3F- all 3 were splash)
Last year I ordered 15 in Feb?, they sent 16, all lived. 8 featherlegged, 1 Cochin, Partridge(M), 3 Cochins, White (2M/1F),2 Cochins, Black (1M/1F), Langshans, Black (1M/1F), also a White Giant (M), Sumatra (M), 1 EE (F), 2 Minorcas, Buff, (both F), 1 BBOEG (M), 2 Leghorn, Brown (1M/1F)
I was impressed with the # of different breeds and the sex ratio was pretty good also.

Last edited:
The variety and genders you received is encouraging to me. That may be my next order, unless I just build my own assortment, although that would probably be more expensive. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom