Murray McMurray?

I ordered from MM last FEB/MAR. It was my first time ordering chickens.

Unfortunately...I was part of a group of people that recieved sick chicks (do a search on here fro AE Virus).

I lost many of the chicks, and several that survived still have problems to this day. It was very sad and hard to go through...still is. I just lost one of them a week ago, she was the most effected one that survived, and could never walk upright (but she had a good life, not to worry). I have another girl who lives in the house right now, also because of the issues with walking (she seems to do great in the house though and is soooooo sweet).

I know from my own experience, and many others on BYC, that MM customer service was great! They refunded most peoples money, and with AE there is no way of knowing that you have a problem until about 10 days after they hatch, so I don't think MM did not know that they had a problem, at least not right away.

I don't know if they ever admitted that it was AE, but from what I last heard, many BYC members had confirmations from vets.

It's probably NOT likely that this would happen again, but since you were asking for experiences with MM, I thought I would throw in my two cents.

Oh, and also...lol...one of my SLW from MM has a single comb...odd. But she is a great bird!

Last edited:
most of the time they will throw 2 or 3 extra chicks in the order in case any of the others dont make it to the destination alive...
had that happen with my first order fromthem,have been ordering from them since and had no problems to speak of... except those darn geese... someone should have warned me on how much they poop esp on the concrete driveway....

I can see it now...

Your order total must come to 10 geese to keep them warm in shipment. Goslings are available from March to mid July.
*warning* They poop on concrete!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Would have been nice to know when I was 10...
Lesson learned, and now have floating gator head in pond. Let's see those geese come back again ... HA!

Quote:
I am in NH and I already put my order in with MM, but I asked for a mid April delivery. I heard too many things about earlier deliveries to this area.

I talked to a local farmer who ordered 1,000 birds every year for meat and he doesn't order until June. He says it's too cold to deal with the losses. Just more information for you.

FYI, I ordered 20 BLR Wyandottes and 5 Cuckoo Marans, not for show, but for eye candy, plus one mystery chick.

Quote:
What is this free chick offer? How do I get it???????

When you order 25 chicks, they will throw in a free rare and exotic chick of their choice. My last order was a white polish pullet. If you want it, you mark the little check box on the order form.

Hi,

Do a BYC search for McMurray and read what others have said. There was a similar post just a day or two ago.

One guy made a lengthy reply about him ordering 100 chicks and 80-90% of them died from the AE outbreak that McMurray had. It's interesting to see what MM's response was.

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom