Muscovies - what colour are we?

fancyfowl4ever

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Hey everyone,

I have been breeding scovies for over 9 yrs now in most colours available in Canada(Black, Chocolate, Blue and the occasional Fawn). Well this year out of 50 + Ducklings, I raised 4 whos colour I cannot name, 3 I would call lavenders maybe but one of them has some dark brown splotches on the face and #4 seems to be something brown based(brown beak and more cream colour vs the "lavenders" grey beaks and light silver colour).

Closest I can find via google would be Silvers and Creams, but there are not that many good pics and very few of juveniles.

*click on the pics to enlarge*

Here is one of the "Silver/lavender" ones..

and here is the "cream" one

I will try and post more pics later, they are more feathered now than they were when I took the above pics(2 weeks ago).

Any clue what these colours are?

Anna

Last edited:

I just ran out and took a new pic, here is one of the "Silvers" with the "Cream". Of course 3 out of those 4 ducklings had to be male too.......

The little silver female with the brown splotches on her face making a run for it to get past me

Silver male and Cream male in the back and Chocolate pair in front.

I just ran out and took a new pic, here is one of the "Silvers" with the "Cream". Of course 3 out of those 4 ducklings had to be male too.......

The little silver female with the brown splotches on her face making a run for it to get past me

Silver male and Cream male in the back and Chocolate pair in front.
They are lovely, I never get tired of looking at all the colors and patterns they come in, you have got some very nice birds there.I have one this color and was told it is fawn/white. Not sure if it's the same as your cream since yours looks lighter.

Last edited:
Yours is a blue fawn pied, which is much darker than the ones in question. I have 1 blue fawn pied hen and a juvie solid blue fawn hen.

Juvie blue fawn hen with her black Siblings

Here with Blue fawn Pied momma on the left and also a juvie chocolate female on the back right. The Blue Fawn Pied Hen raised a clutch of 17 ducklings this year.

Very pretty! like ML terrible with colours lol Mind you have you found they change a lot after juvenile aging? that has been my experience. I have a heavy amount of blue in my flock and quite strong on chocolate, i did get a drake let this year with black facial flesh though, so watching him to see where he goes.

Back
Top Bottom