Muscovy ducklings with white down

AusHen

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
QLD Australia
I recently purchased 8 Muscovy ducklings from a long time breeder, 6 which have white down instead of the typical yellow :love
they are defiantly pure Muscovy as her flock including her first white down ducklings have all grown and had ducklings and grand ducklings etc of their own over the years.
Here is some photos of the little guys and gals.

20200908_124840.jpg 20200908_124914.jpg 20200908_124941.jpg 20200908_124956.jpg 20200908_125055.jpg

See this is where I'm an impulse buyer because even though I've told myself no more duckings until the spring, if someone around here had those I would be in the car driving there now😅 All of your ducklings are super cute, but those ones with the white down are probably the cutest ducklings I've ever seen😍

I was going to wait until I have expanded my duck coop for more duckling but once I saw these I was willing to drive all day and night for them, but thankfully they were only an hour away!

Snowy down genes. It's recessive and only shows in ducklings. The white will feather out white the same as the yellow ducklings.

It's a very fun gene to have in your flock! I've produced them in muscovy, calls and anconas!

an old thread I know, but this is so cool!! I just hatched some runner ducklings (fawn&white x black) that have had patches of white down (instead of yellow) since day 1! I noticed those Muscovies also have pink/black bills, same as my lil babies! Maybe those genes are somehow linked? or maybe they're leucistic?

Back
Top Bottom