Muscovy ducks!!! Male or female??

It's been several months since I heard the sound of a female Muscovy & can't remember some of the sounds she made. But it does sound like male huff except for the chirp. I was hoping they were females but now hearing them I'm not sure so I'll defer to others with more knowledge of Muscovy's.

I can't believe they don't have more caruncles. Mine had lots weeks before they started making the male huffing sound.

Hope that person is still willing to trade. Have you kept in contact with them?

once the white one bit me when I pet it and then I "pecked" it with my finger. It tried to me a noise that sounded like a hisd or huff. Both ducks still make their chirping noise although the white one seems to be growing out of it

LOL I thought they both looked like females to me but I'm a duck newbie.

My reasoning is the legs look too thin for drakes & the head doesn't appear to have that flatish area I see on some drakes. I'm not good on body ratio. Although not real reliable but with so many pics, the tail appears more female. And mine had caruncles forming about that age.

Anyway, @emmading you should know soon enough. My Muscovy 1st did the drakes huff/hiss at about 3 1/2 months old. But he had caruncles long before that.
okay thank you so much I really hope at least one is female

How old?
They look like the same size. Generally, that means they are the same sex. In that first pic, Bug has a wide stance, but then the white one has a closer stance. The white one's body looks a little petite. The head isn't as blocky. Usually males have a very long torso and it makes it look like there are 3 parts. But, your white one looks female. I'm not sure about the black and white one as I'm leaning male.
Do you think either of them look like clowns when they are walking?
Honestly my females nibbled at me all of the time when they were younger. My males have always been more leery and only started getting close to me once they were much older.

Back
Top Bottom