Muscovy egg advice needed

Thank you so much for your advice.Duckling gone quiet today still no sign of an attempt to hatch. I will read all on that link and see if the poor things are still alive. Then I may have to assist. As it's day 40 I fear they are having problems. I suppose I can only learn from my mistakes and from lots of help on this site.Thanks again wish me luck.
1f60a.png

Thank you so much for your advice.Duckling gone quiet today still no sign of an attempt to hatch. I will read all on that link and see if the poor things are still alive. Then I may have to assist. As it's day 40 I fear they are having problems. I suppose I can only learn from my mistakes and from lots of help on this site.Thanks again wish me luck.
1f60a.png

Best of luck!! I sincerely hope you'll have a happy update for us.
fl.gif

Very sad to say they didn't make it
1f622.png
one duckling was gooey and the other was far to weak to get out on time. He had been trying too long..I'm so annoyed at myself for not helping him the last night I heard him crying and rocking. But I didn't know he was struggling. Thanks tho.

Very sad to say they didn't make it
1f622.png
one duckling was gooey and the other was far to weak to get out on time. He had been trying too long..I'm so annoyed at myself for not helping him the last night I heard him crying and rocking. But I didn't know he was struggling. Thanks tho.

Oh, no...so sorry to hear it.
hugs.gif
I know what a tough call it is on when to help, especially when you're new to incubation - and we have all been there.

I really prefer to have broody ducks hatch them because they are challenging to hatch successfully. That said, it can be done, but I think being really hands-on during incubation helps. I'm about to put several dozen in an incubator and I'll dry hatch (gooey usually indicates that the humidity was too high), hand turn, and mist and cool daily.

It sounds like you're going to try again, and I bet you'll have a better experience the next time. I know I did.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom