Muscovy eye is closed. Looks like it might be gone.

dot n'dave

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
CT
Tonight I notice our Muscovy's left eye is closed. We went to wipe it to check it out, and my wife said it looks gone. We put Terramycin on it. The eye looks watery, and the lid and the area around it look relatively OK, not like there was a fight, or any blood. Any advice or things we should look for?
46943_203_2294.jpg

Last edited:
Hello? Anybody? We're on day 3 and same situation. She seems a bit tired, and unsure of what's going on. She doesn't come out of the coop much, and naps on two legs instead of one. We feel so bad for her.

Hmm... looks like it could be gone. Theres not much you can do about it being gone, but keep an' eye' on it and let us know if it starts acting sick.
Best of luck!

Last edited:
Just thought I'd like to close the thread. I know it has been very long, but I'm trying to just clean a few things up on our account. Her eye eventually healed after about a week or so, and the eye showed up again. There's a little mark above the pupil, so I think she may have scratched it, but she can still see out of it. And she has been doing great for the past few weeks. Thanks for your interests.

Back
Top Bottom