Muscovy Hens For Adoption (and rescue tbh)

Alice68

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2020
Hello! I just adopted a white muscovy hen from a place in Santa Paula, CA -- she has four more available. Mine looked bedraggled when I brought her home, but has clean feathers now and no longer smells like duck poop (she's the white one in the photo, whom I call Poppy). I think the woman selling them is keeping them in a pen in a stall. I'd adopt all of them but don't have room! Let me know if you want her number to text about buying one. Also, she was willing to clip a wing for me. doesn't look very pretty, but I couldn't have done it any better, probably.
IMG_2691.JPG

hi, is she just rehoming her birds or does she breed them? if she breeds, please don’t purchase them. i know it’s hard but paying someone who doesn’t care about their animals, is just gonna encouragement them to breed more. if she is just looking to rehome them, it’s fine to adopt them

I really don't know. She's an agricultural worker and I didn't ask her. She's selling all of them and doesn't have any hens to lay once they're gone. Regardless, I needed a hen and am glad to have given this one a good home.

Back
Top Bottom