Muscovy keepers - ALERT

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Sep 22, 2010.

1. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

For those who haven't heard of the Muscovy ban .... link here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=304055

For
    the rest, ... I've listed a link on pg 76 to a blog reply fm Dr. Allen update 9/20/10. Dr. Allen has finalized his changes and they are due to be published soon. Comment period will probably be short so for those interested in saving our Muscovies, keep alert for the published Reg.

2. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I am chewing on my fingernails waiting... [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    [​IMG] Save the 'scovies!!!

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    This isn't really fair to ban Muscovies nationwide because they're not a problem everywhere. We only have one at our lake, we used to have 10 or more years ago, but only one now. I think restrictions on buying and selling have helped with people letting them go where I live, so I think a ban might be too harsh.

5. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    just curious at the moment while the law is on hold are muscovys allowed in shows.

6. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

This law change also means that muscovy owners must confine their birds into aviaries or have their wings clipped. I think having their back toe removed and having proper paperwork is just the minor aspect of this law.

7. foxhomechickens

foxhomechickens Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    They will have to bring the national guard to get the older hen.

8. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    OMG, I have always wanted them and now I have a nice pair and if I have to get rid of them, I will just die...Please God, make these ppl. not be so stupid and let us have our ducks. We are good ppl. and take good care of them.

9. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Quote:That would have an impact on showing Muscovies, wouldn't it? Do shows allow wing clipping and toe removal?

10. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Stinking Government bureaucrats can not make up their minds weather Muscovies are wild, native, "invasive" or feral or all the above, can they?

This whole crap started in Fl where there was some feral Muscovies in some cities and subdivisions, some people fed them, they did not bother nobody eating tons of mosquitos bugs and roaches on their way.

Then they (Muscovies) probably appeared some day on a manicured lawn of some $200 000 a year Florida Gov paper pusher paid by a taxpayer, and he or she felt outraged and violeted so war on Muscovies was started and spread to other states , other paper pushers trying to be important and make a carrer of it.

SHAME and S C A N D A L !

Exemple of Governement irresponsibility, arrogance, total stupidity, and ignorance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by