Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Very pretty Scovy's and [​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

So sorry about your ducks, Can you put some kind of fencing up between the ducks and dogs that the dog can't reach through and grab the duck? Lowes has plastic poultry fencing and plastic hardware cloth, using either of these along with your fence you have in place may keep it from getting another one, and Some dogs can climb real good too so be on the watch for that. Again I know how your feeling one of our dachshunds got one of our ducklings last year, broke my heart.

3. jadeduck13

jadeduck13 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2013
    Thank you very much! :D

4. gaitngirl

gaitngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Miss Lydia,
    I went and looked at that plastic poultry netting today. I may have to go that route.

The girls knew something was up when we went out to clip their wings today. Couldn't even catch them! Usually they are on me like stink on a skunk because they know I have treats somewhere, lol. I even took meal worms out to them but was only stampeded by the older lot and my Pekim pigducks.

5. mara1

mara1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    sorry about your duck. My duckling with broken leg is on her/his 3rd splint change each one lighter and is starting to put weight on it and doing physical therapy (my daughter said its palates) It was so comical stretching the leg gotta change it again tonight.
    [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Good news your ducklings leg is doing so much better, Palates are a good way to do physical therapy [​IMG] Keep up the good work sounds like it's paying off.

7. AussieDucky

AussieDucky Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2013
    Mine go in the garden and eat the weeds for me.
    The ducklings are so cute [​IMG]

8. mara1

mara1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013

9. fallenangel79

fallenangel79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2013
    Ohio
    so cute :)

10. Frank Phinster

Frank Phinster Chillin' With My Peeps

I noticed that my old drake now gets bossed around by his son. He is still moulting, so maybe at the moment he simply lacks the right ammount of testosteron to fight back.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by