Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Here are some pictures of our Muscovies- we used to own about 80 of them (we got rid of some to prevent overpopulation).

Here is our Cream Buff Muscovy. It used to have a brother or sister, but sadly it got a horrible limp and had to be put down.

Another of our ducks.

Molly (female closest to the rabbit) next to my bunny, Buster:D

Here are some pictures of our Muscovies- we used to own about 80 of them (we got rid of some to prevent overpopulation).

Here is our Cream Buff Muscovy. It used to have a brother or sister, but sadly it got a horrible limp and had to be put down.

Another of our ducks.

Molly (female closest to the rabbit) next to my bunny, Buster:D
Very pretty Scovy's and
welcome-byc.gif

Thank you, Alaskan. The girls from this hatch were so sweet, too! One of them would always try to fly up on my shoulder when I brought breakfast out. I think she wanted to 'see' what was in the breakfast bucket before any one else had a chance to. I thought it was interesting that I had 2 chocolate pied and 2 black pied that looked like twin sets with their patterns. All 4 girls from this year's hatch were going to (hopefully) be broodies for chicks, poults, and ducklings next year. I do still have four 1 1/2 - 2 yr old Muscovy hens, but only 2 are good brooders. The other 2 may improve with time.

So sorry about your ducks, Can you put some kind of fencing up between the ducks and dogs that the dog can't reach through and grab the duck? Lowes has plastic poultry fencing and plastic hardware cloth, using either of these along with your fence you have in place may keep it from getting another one, and Some dogs can climb real good too so be on the watch for that. Again I know how your feeling one of our dachshunds got one of our ducklings last year, broke my heart.

Miss Lydia,
I went and looked at that plastic poultry netting today. I may have to go that route.

The girls knew something was up when we went out to clip their wings today. Couldn't even catch them! Usually they are on me like stink on a skunk because they know I have treats somewhere, lol. I even took meal worms out to them but was only stampeded by the older lot and my Pekim pigducks.

Well, I lost another scovy girl to one of the foster dogs. I've asked the rescue to find another foster for this boy and his brother since I'm not set up for a dog that stalks and kills chickens and ducks. He's killed one of my Isa Browns and 2 of my 4 month old scovy girls now. They don't have any more fosters available and probably won't for awhile. My son is helping me clip the two remaining girls wings tomorrow morning so that they (hopefully) won't be able to fly in to the dog's enclosure. The fence is just over 4 foot tall and all 3 incidents involved the birds getting in to the dog's area. But now he's trying to 'stalk' them and grab them through the fence when they walk close enough. And the goofy ducks aren't even slightly afraid of the dogs! I'm missing one young drake, too. I'm hoping the dogs didn't get him, as well. There were enough feathers that it could have been 2 ducks and not one. I didn't even hear a ruckus when I let them out - all they left were feathers. And, of course, duck didn't sit well on his stomach - he was sick from both ends all night long.

sorry about your duck. My duckling with broken leg is on her/his 3rd splint change each one lighter and is starting to put weight on it and doing physical therapy (my daughter said its palates) It was so comical stretching the leg gotta change it again tonight.

sorry about your duck. My duckling with broken leg is on her/his 3rd splint change each one lighter and is starting to put weight on it and doing physical therapy (my daughter said its palates) It was so comical stretching the leg gotta change it again tonight.
Good news your ducklings leg is doing so much better, Palates are a good way to do physical therapy
wink.png
Keep up the good work sounds like it's paying off.

Back
Top Bottom