Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RingedTeal

RingedTeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Georgiana,Alabama
    I'll get more pics tomorrow
    [​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

[​IMG]

3. zach N houdan

zach N houdan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    Only whites blacks blues and Chocolates are excepted anything else must be shown as AOV but will never win against a recognized color.

4. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    I am hoping a color expert can help me figure out what to call my 5 month old pair of scovies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, my youngest pair of scovies are supposed to be solid white and both parents are solid. But they are both getting dark grey markings on their head (like a magpie duck). Anyone know why this may be happening?

5. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    Does anyone have fertile eggs right now? I'd like to try to hatch a few babies.

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Probably not many Scovy eggs this time of year unless your in Australia most of us in USA have non breeding and non laying ducks right now.

7. kountryboy4life

kountryboy4life Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2013
    Tomahawk, Wisconsin
    Your Muscovy's look like blue pied. A color i don't have ! (yet) And your solid whites may develop black spots on the top of there heads. The french whites have these markings. I believe that means they are homozygous for the white gene . But don't quote me on that.

8. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Those are blues, a colour very prominent in my flock lol

I'll show you some from of my March hatch..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As for the white, it could be black capping... here i have two like that here... mind you the cap comes and goes in noticeably based on molt lol

OLD pic but gives you the idea.. birds were under 1yo

[​IMG]

9. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Beautiful blues! I thought my scovies may be blue, but one has a lot of tan mixed in so thought perhaps lavender, and the other has a lot of black markings and an almost solid black head, and I had no idea what to call that.

Thanks for the info on the head capping. That is exactly how my youngest pair are looking. The owner of the breeding pair has also been quite confused that the offspring are getting those markings. Is there a difference between a white scovy and a French white scovy?

By the way, your birds are under 1yo with that much caruncles? Wow!

10. zach N houdan

zach N houdan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    New Jersey

Those are not true blues. True blues have only white on there wings. Those are blue pieds or another mixed color here is a photo of my Blue Muscovy Drake he only has white on his wings.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by