Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

OK, more babies today! YEAH! I think I counted ten, but there was at least one more egg pipping, so, I might end up with more.

[​IMG]
    notice, they are rainbow colors, just like I hoped for! One is a black, most look chocolate, one is almost all yellow with just a little very faint spot on the top of its head and another on its back.

How much can you guess what they will look like as adults from their cute baby down?

will the almost all yellow duckling end up as almost all white, with colored spots where she now has colored spots?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

You are going to be amazed at how much they change from week to week. so keep the pics coming. and Congrats they are so precious

3. mara1

mara1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    now you have x10 cute alert[​IMG]

4. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

What's funny is that i speak German fairly fluently and it didn't even occur to me that kuh is cow and flecken is spots. Go figure.

5. mara1

mara1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    I was born there and only know what oma is. okay other than dog commands

6. kountryboy4life

kountryboy4life Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2013
    Tomahawk, Wisconsin
    new to Backyard chickens. So I thought I would share some of my kids.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. AussieDucky

AussieDucky Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2013

8. muskuslove

muskuslove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Nederland, Den Haag
    Waaauuuuwww!! BEAUTIFUL!! I like all those colors!!

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

I second that one, lovely and [​IMG] All newbies to BYC!!

10. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

I sold almost all of my white muscovies to a local man yesterday and we are both from NY and we both grew up with white muscovies. We were talking about my barred and blue and fawns. Neither of us remembers having seen anything but white or solid black muscovies (I remember chocolates and maybe blues) but I don't remember either of those colors being anything but solid (with the white primary feathers). I remember that there was such a thing as pied ducks, but nobody I knew actually bred them because they werent accepted for show. This was like almost 20 years ago, have things changed as far as what colors are acceptable at a show or do I have to show my barred and pied ducks as "any other colors"?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by