Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Good thing you called it a donkey.......
lau.gif

" Rusty" could sure make some purdy mules!

Well, I was hoping my scovies would warm up to me by now. They've only been here since Tuesday evening and I've had them penned, but I'm still not confident enough that they won't take off if I let them out to wander with the rest of the flock. I've tried just sitting quietly in there (with and without peas, cracked corn, etc.). They keep their distance and don't seem to get excited over food or treats like the other ducks. They've had a few minor altercations through the fence with the Pekins, and the hens have hissed at the Rouens any time they come around to investigate. They are still laying great.
I was hoping to not have to put them (or myself!) through wing clippings . . .

Rockasocks: Haven't seen down under scovies as youngings much, I'm curious if any of these are bronze or septias?
Lovely!@

Gaitngirl: Last time you moved, did it take more than 5 days to become home? It's awesome they are still laying! Cute as they are, I always have to remind myself they tend to be like guineas - unless babied heavy from a hatchling they're are always going to be halfwild. Best to plan on 30 days quarentine to protect your babies from disease danger and takes time not to see each other as interlopers. Hard to be patient isn't it? Hang in there!

thumbsup.gif
My muscovy went broody with 13 eggs!!!

The one in the middle is the Mommy! What am I going to do with 13 eggs???
ep.gif
We also have 8 in the incubator as well!

Back
Top Bottom