Muscovy keepers share your pics!

This is the first time I have ever raised ducks--16 little babies, now a week old! :D

So now maybe all ladies are laying or brooding eggs. i had one of the two traded for black pied scovy hens, decide to get off her nest settled into for days, and set all day on the other black ones nest then hadn't switched back after had gotten cold, so i stuffed her eggs under her in new nest. expecting trouble later from one being week or more incubated than other group. my chocolate hen trying to brood now, knowing half of hers will be chesnut choco male had penned with her half of time unless he is dud. her original mate found out is self blue, and maybe breeding him to his only "silver" daughter could produce lavender i want, eventually i can try for porcelain.

@Buck,
Take a wet over turned paper plate and put on trigger plate of your trap, and bait can be put on and under, so something as small as med rat will set off, or even the slyist cat or coon (most of those need two pounds of pressure to set them off, but even at that weight animals step lightly and figure ways around. make sure to put the trap attached to something heavy so something like coons can't roll the trap and then not get caught. disposal quick and humane requires piece of wire and gloves and stick. make wire into slip knot then just put through bars of cage snagging neck then pull quick and hard to nrel meck. or just toss in water for few min with string to pull out cage. i try to trap then let dogs tease to scare then release and have no more trouble, but current dogs catch sadly before i do.

Last edited:
I hav a female not sure wat she is but bothe now stand up to my six chickens, they r my delight, had female since three weeks raised her in my bath, we live in Australia so it's plenty warm
Great pets hopefully they lay for us but still only just four months

Back
Top Bottom