Muscovy keepers share your pics!

at 5:30am i let the ducks out and my sisters duck, chandler and my duck, charlie started fighting, and chandler charged at charlie pushing her into the fence but then charlie flipped her over, then over again so she was on her stomach and was just pinning her down, like man didnt know she was that strong but then i broke it up.

moral of this story, my sisters duck is such a weakling when it comes to fighting charlie

Yeh they are the same age, so I guess, like humans, the boys get a bit excitable first and the girls just run away haha.
Many thanks, I'm looking forward to my first egg!

Do they go in and out of the nest box area and scuffle around weeks before like chickens do?
This is my first experiences with Muscovies, or any duck for that matter...I've been keeping their nesting area looking extra clean and tidy for when she get the urge to start inspecting :)

Yeh they are the same age, so I guess, like humans, the boys get a bit excitable first and the girls just run away haha.
Many thanks, I'm looking forward to my first egg!

Do they go in and out of the nest box area and scuffle around weeks before like chickens do?
This is my first experiences with Muscovies, or any duck for that matter...I've been keeping their nesting area looking extra clean and tidy for when she get the urge to start inspecting
smile.png
My Muscovy's are usually more like 7-9 months old before mating and egg laying begins, But your right the boys do get hormonal before the girls, I just keep lots of fluffy pine shaving in their stalls and they make their own nest to lay their eggs.

I have a question hope you can answer guys, 2 of my 5 muscovy are laying, one is already laying in a nest with more than 30 eggs its thier first time laying and now i have 10 eggs in another nest, my question is is it okay to take some eggs in the new nest? I'm planning to let one of the girl sit on 15 eggs

I have a question hope you can answer guys, 2 of my 5 muscovy are laying, one is already laying in a nest with more than 30 eggs its thier first time laying and now i have 10 eggs in another nest, my question is is it okay to take some eggs in the new nest? I'm planning to let one of the girl sit on 15 eggs

I would remove about half of the eggs to a more manageable size for the duck to hatch. It would be nice to know which eggs are the oldest and remove those, but I doubt they were marked. Are either of them starting to go broody and remain on the nest?

Also, where are you in the Philippines?

Bob

Last edited:
Charlidabob is so correct! If you let them do it on their own with all those eggs you will be lucky to get a duckling or two because their is so many eggs she cant cover them all more incubated eggs get pushed aside and die from being to cold and are replaced with new eggs and so you end up with a gigantic nest of dead rotten eggs and maybe one duckling.

Back
Top Bottom