Muscovy keepers share your pics!

These are my muscovies doing the "head bobbing" ritual they do every time they go into their pen, come out of their pen, etc. It's cute.

The deer are not tame, but do come close to the house. They can be quite bothersome to run off when they don't want to leave, though. I don't feed them nor do I walk up to them. I want them as "wild" as deer can be living among people.

These are my muscovies doing the "head bobbing" ritual they do every time they go into their pen, come out of their pen, etc. It's cute.

The deer are not tame, but do come close to the house. They can be quite bothersome to run off when they don't want to leave, though. I don't feed them nor do I walk up to them. I want them as "wild" as deer can be living among people.
Mine do it too. and I love it when I talk to them and they wag their tails. We have deer around here to but my dogs are so yappy they keep them pretty far from the house. I have caught them on the game camera though.

Mine do it too. and I love it when I talk to them and they wag their tails. We have deer around here to but my dogs are so yappy they keep them pretty far from the house. I have caught them on the game camera though.

Awww, they're just big ol' feathered dogges, aren't they <3

Finally found homes for our extras. We have for the breeding pens males: 2 blues and a black; females: 2 blues, black, chocolate, blue with chocolate gene, and silver with chocolate gene. Hoping the genes fall in our favor this year to produce chocolate, blue with chocolate genes, silver,and silver with chocolate genes males as well as silver females.

Finally found homes for our extras. We have for the breeding pens males: 2 blues and a black; females: 2 blues, black, chocolate, blue with chocolate gene, and silver with chocolate gene. Hoping the genes fall in our favor this year to produce chocolate, blue with chocolate genes, silver,and silver with chocolate genes males as well as silver females.
Oh your making me want some.
wink.png

Are your birds solid colored? If so do you sell ducklings or hatching eggs?

Ok thanks for your reply. Do you know any one who sells hatching eggs or ships ducklings from solid colored birds? I got in contact with padgetts and they aren't selling any this year. I have a black hen who is from show stock and I can't find any thing suitable to breed her with. Currently I have her in with my chocolate ripple drake to make split to ripple blacks and chocolates.

it seems that my muscovies are loosing feathers. I don't see any missing feathers on them but my run is full of their feathers. when I got them my drake had more black feathers then now and 1 female had almost black head and now she has got white head with just 1 black spot.

they free range and eat bugs, worms as well as boiled eggs.

they are young, might be about 4-5 months old.

any idea what that might be?

it seems that my muscovies are loosing feathers. I don't see any missing feathers on them but my run is full of their feathers. when I got them my drake had more black feathers then now and 1 female had almost black head and now she has got white head with just 1 black spot.

they free range and eat bugs, worms as well as boiled eggs.

they are young, might be about 4-5 months old.

any idea what that might be?

Molt? It's the right time of year for it. Mine are starting theirs.

Back
Top Bottom