Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Kilby. (Sorry I can't do that "quote" thing.)
Thanks for your help I appreciate your help on this.

This is some more photos what do u think
these are the same ducks. Top pics and wing pics.
Honey pops

Honey pops

Honey pops wings are very small

Coco

Coco wing are very big

Lucky is the youngest 10 week's

Lucky Wings

Honey pops and coco are both the same age 11 weeks old
and lucky is 10 weeks old
honey pops is always by her self and doesn't go near coco and lucky except for eating Times.
Coco and lucky do everything together.
Honey pops she is always sitting down when eating as well.
Yup, looks and sounds like Honey Pops is going to be a Pop haha.
My drakelet sits down to eat as well.
the others, coco and lucky are females. Having the larger wings at the same age. Hope they live long and multiply.

They are beautiful and bless you for caring. These birds will miss you when you leave, maybe you should take them all with you, now that's an idea..
Yes, exactly, does not sound like anyone would care except the dumb dogs.
They are real beautiful and know you so well. You kind of own them already the way you watch out for 'em.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Btw ur baby is so adorable, and fluffy !!! Luv it when babies are fluffy!!

Sorry for the emphasis on the luv of fluff, I'm a stressed out duck 'mom' to juveniles right now that wont stop tearing out each other's feathers, *sigh* I'm trying to get them some Purina game bird chow bc that satisfies 'cannibalism' but it's not summer anymore so it's hard to find :,(

They are beautiful and bless you for caring.  These birds will miss you when you leave, maybe you should take them all with you, now that's an idea..
[/quote

That is a great idea, I have thought I might take some with me that is if they are still with us. I worry every morning that I might see one in the street, people just don't yield and these scovies love to wander into the neighborhood. Thank you for your kind words, I will do all I can to protect them.

Ok everyone, I could use some help! I've just noticed that one of my ducks is being beaten by 5 other ducks, at once!! Why is this? Is it just because she's older? She has gotten thin because of it. The drake doesn't do anything, but he's young. I had to place her in a diff pen with 1 drake and 2 hens, so she's not beat up so much. 
Help???

Ducks can do some things that are impossible to understand. My priority is to protect them all - and separating was the right thing to do. Make sure she doesn't have any hidden injuries and if she does, get them treated.

I would get her into a tub of lukewarm water and look her over really really well. She may have an infection, parasites, egg yolk peritonitis, or something.

Longer term, sometimes just splitting the flock up a few different ways over several weeks can change their behavior.

Back
Top Bottom